We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thomas Cook UK flights to Marsa Alam from Nov 2017.

Luxor, Egypt
Level Contributor
1,781 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Thomas Cook UK flights to Marsa Alam from Nov 2017.

Thomas Cook cancels all holiday and flights to Sharm until winter 2018.

On a brighter note they will introduce 2 weekly flights to Marsa Alam from Nov 2017.

30 replies to this topic
Manchester, United...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Thomas Cook UK flights to Marsa Alam from Nov 2017.

Where from?

2. Re: Thomas Cook UK flights to Marsa Alam from Nov 2017.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 12 May 2017, 21:27

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Hurghada, Sharm El Sheikh, Red Sea and Sinai
Level Contributor
4,163 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thomas Cook UK flights to Marsa Alam from Nov 2017.

It is Birmingham and Gatwick. Birmingham on a monday and Gatwick on a thursday unless i have got that back to front!

Mentioned in this post
Birmingham
Birmingham
West Midlands, UK
Worcester, United...
Level Contributor
625 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thomas Cook UK flights to Marsa Alam from Nov 2017.

lesley150: as you say showing as BHX - Mon and LGW - Thiurs. (I have asked for my previous incorrect post to be removed)

London, United...
Level Contributor
86 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thomas Cook UK flights to Marsa Alam from Nov 2017.

Hi. Do you know what the weather is like in november in Maria Alan? I am considering going beginning of november for a week or 10 days with 2 little ones. 3 year old and 10 month old at the time. Would it be too cold for swimming for them? Many thanks

London, United...
Level Contributor
86 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thomas Cook UK flights to Marsa Alam from Nov 2017.

Maria and Alan? Haha gotta love autocorrect. Marsa Alam

Port Ghalib, Egypt
Destination Expert
for Marsa Alam, Port Ghalib, Safaga, Hurghada
Level Contributor
4,301 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Thomas Cook UK flights to Marsa Alam from Nov 2017.

November believe it or not is a lovely month weather wise. Yes it is cooling down but an average is around 28c to 30c some days hotter in the sun. Remember sun down is same time as UK in winter dark by 5pm. It does cool off at night to the mid teens. I still snorkel in the sea in November without issue. I find hotel pools cold anyway all year round. Ones that heat them usually do from 1st November to 1st April.

sg2
Brighton, United...
Destination Expert
for Marsa Alam
Level Contributor
4,150 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Thomas Cook UK flights to Marsa Alam from Nov 2017.

Prices don't look too bad either , also Emperor divers have put have put out offers to celebrate , whilst its good for Marsa in an increase in visitors , i hope it will not get too popular , now lets hope they relax the restrictions on laptops and batteries coming home

Edited: 13 May 2017, 14:52
England, United...
Destination Expert
for Hurghada, Sharm El Sheikh, Red Sea and Sinai
Level Contributor
4,163 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Thomas Cook UK flights to Marsa Alam from Nov 2017.

I think it's going to get worse before it gets better on the battery front sg2. Sounds very much like they are going to be banned from all US bound flights from the UK imminently.

Port Ghalib, Egypt
Destination Expert
for Marsa Alam, Port Ghalib, Safaga, Hurghada
Level Contributor
4,301 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Thomas Cook UK flights to Marsa Alam from Nov 2017.

Last trip to Marsa Sg I asked if i could have my gear next to me on the plane and put the Mrs in the hold they denied the request.

As much as I want to encourage more people to visit Marsa with it's unspoilt beauty and deserves more visitors but I to do not want corals etc devastating by some unthoughtful visitors. Still good news to Open Marsa up more and so chuffed I don't have to drive to Gatwick oh Birmingham what a dream lol.

Mentioned in this post
Birmingham
Birmingham
West Midlands, UK
Reply to: Thomas Cook UK flights to Marsa Alam from Nov 2017.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Marsa Alam