We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Meal Plan not Necessary

Vancouver
Level Contributor
113 posts
39 reviews
Meal Plan not Necessary

We just got back from 5 days on Manihi where there was no meal plan included with our package.

We went ahead and got the half board, and really we would have gotten off cheaper if we had just paid a la carte.

The price of the meal plan assumes that you are going to have a 3 course meal every night and pick the most expensive items.

There were a number of nights when we did not feel like dessert or a starter, and had we been paying a la carte our dinners would have been 25-50% cheaper.

Also, we like to eat fish (it doesn't get fresher than this) and those tend to be the cheapest options... you pay more for steak that is flown in from a thousand miles away.

1 reply
Las Vegas, NV
Level Contributor
4,920 posts
5 reviews
1. Re: Meal Plan not Necessary

In my opinion, that is the way to go. I am not a big eater, neither is my husband. I would NEVER eat an appetizer, entree, and desert for every meal....in fact I'm not sure I'd eat 3 courses for ANY meal. I know, for me personally, eating a la cart would be the cheaper option. Everyone needs to make this choice based on their typical eating habits. Rarely will the meal plan be a savings...it is primarily a convenience.

Reply to: Meal Plan not Necessary
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Manihi
Recent Conversations
More Manihi Topics