We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My 2014 honeymoon.

3 posts
My 2014 honeymoon.

My financie And i just decided to make bora bora our honeymoon destination. We are planning on traveling in April of 2014. How much should we start saving and when will be best to book air flights and all inclusive hotel packages. Also through who do you think it's best!?

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
221 posts
50 reviews
1. Re: My 2014 honeymoon.

It depends on how many nights. One estimate I heard was $150 pp per day. Early bird rates require 90 days advance booking. I would book 4-5 months out.

Texas
Level Contributor
114 posts
1 review
2. Re: My 2014 honeymoon.

Depending on your flight preferences I would book even earlier. 6-7 months. We were trying to travel on specific days but the only seats available (for the 8 hour flight) were coach. In the interest of comfort we had to change our dates.

San Luis Obispo
Level Contributor
3,501 posts
25 reviews
3. Re: My 2014 honeymoon.

The deals for April 2014 will be out 6 - 10 months prior to that date.

2 people to Bora Bora inclusive from LAX will be $6,000 - $10,000 for a week. Plus you have the cost of travel to and from LAX. Usually the balance of any trip is due 90 days prior to travel date.

So you want to save a minimum of $450 per month, preferably more

Edited: 05 July 2012, 15:47
Norcal
Level Contributor
123 posts
4 reviews
4. Re: My 2014 honeymoon.

We went in June this year but booked back in Nov. 2011. Cost depends on how many nights you want to stay and if you are looking at doing over-water bungalows (OWB) in some of the more upscale resorts. Figure on about $10K total for a week but don't be surprised if it is more! You can get a little more variety for your money if you were to do half on Bora Bora and half on Moorea (5 x 5 nights). Go to Moorea first if you do that!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
5,079 posts
202 reviews
5. Re: My 2014 honeymoon.

If you have frequent flyer miles on American you can try to book on Air Tahiti 330 days out. If you don't have miles you have time to get them. There is an AA credit card offer for 50,000 miles and you can open both an Amex and the Visa card at the same time for 100,000 miles, double that if your fiancé also applies.

I don't know the availability of award tickets but I will find out shortly as I have the miles and will be booking for next June in about three weeks.

London, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
60 reviews
6. Re: My 2014 honeymoon.

The best is to book yourself online,saving tip, look at flights on www.kayak.com great comparison site and with hotels can be- www.hotelscombined.com

The food is expensive there, but you can find cheaper restaurants like Bounty, its in Matira Point.

Edited: 12 July 2012, 16:26
7. Re: My 2014 honeymoon.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 July 2013, 05:16