We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question to Ladies: Engagement ring leave at home?

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Question to Ladies: Engagement ring leave at home?

I am going to Bora Bora for my honeymoon next month and I'm very excited!

One question, did you go on honeymoon with your engagement & wedding ring on or left it home just in case you lose it somewhere while doing water activities or something?

I'm a little worried to leave it at the hotel room's safe and want to know what other honeymooners did.

Thanks!

26 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
28 posts
9 reviews
1. Re: Question to Ladies: Engagement ring leave at home?

No worries - do not overthink it. Take it with you. You will be fine. The hotels are very safe on Bora Bora.

Moorpark, California
Level Contributor
276 posts
41 reviews
2. Re: Question to Ladies: Engagement ring leave at home?

We stayed at Le Meridien and used the in-room safe..no problem. I left it there every day pretty much all day since I do not take my rings to the beach / ocean / boat trips. I have heard of too many people who have lost rings in the water.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
648 posts
67 reviews
3. Re: Question to Ladies: Engagement ring leave at home?

I agree. Take it, but don't take it swimming. Bora Bora is not the kind of place where you have to worry about thieves and pickpockets.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
5,078 posts
202 reviews
4. Re: Question to Ladies: Engagement ring leave at home?

I guess I’m in the minority. If you will take it off for water activities than leave it home. Although uncommon there have been reports of theft. Every hotel safe had an override code that supposedly only management has. Why take the risk. We are not newlyweds but my wife does take her rings but she does not take them off.

Santa Barbara...
Destination Expert
for French Polynesia, Cook Islands, Tahiti
Level Contributor
8,651 posts
14 reviews
5. Re: Question to Ladies: Engagement ring leave at home?

Hi hi,

I saw a woman lose her wedding ring on a boat trip in Bora Bora once. It was sooo sad...it slipped off her finger while she was sitting with her arm on the rail & it fell overboard (she had suntan lotion on). I have never brought my rings with me since. If you would be devastated by such a loss, you may wish to leave your rings at home. The safes work well when guests remember to lock them. :)

sunny regards,

shully

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
70 posts
6. Re: Question to Ladies: Engagement ring leave at home?

I always leave mine at home. For me, it’s not worth the risk of losing them.

Bora Bora, French...
Level Contributor
698 posts
15 reviews
7. Re: Question to Ladies: Engagement ring leave at home?

Don't wear it while swimming but as far as the hotels, you are not traveling to South Sudan either - Hotels here are pretty secure:-) . If you can do without it, then leave it at home, much less crime and robberies in LA:-)

Malmo, Sweden
Level Contributor
303 posts
51 reviews
8. Re: Question to Ladies: Engagement ring leave at home?

I never take mine off, but they sit so tight that they won't slip off whatever I do.

So if your rings easily slip off, leave them at home or in the hotel room. Valuables are safe even in rooms without safety box, but put them inside you bags or something like that.

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
158 posts
22 reviews
9. Re: Question to Ladies: Engagement ring leave at home?

I lost my wedding band once while scuba diving on a trip. Since then my wife and I have purchased cheap “travel” rings for our vacations. $25 to $50 makes for great piece of mind.

Edited: 13 October 2018, 12:46
Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
158 posts
22 reviews
10. Re: Question to Ladies: Engagement ring leave at home?

*peace

Reply to: Question to Ladies: Engagement ring leave at home?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted