We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marama Tattoo

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
1 helpful vote
Marama Tattoo

Has anyone been able to book a tattoo appointment with Marama Tattoo without having to find a French speaker make the call for you?

14 replies to this topic
Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
18 posts
6 reviews
1 helpful vote
1. Re: Marama Tattoo

Had to book our appts in 2 wks through our concierge.

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
1 helpful vote
2. Re: Marama Tattoo

We have been told by the concierge at Sofitel (where we are staying in September 2018 for 4 days) that it is impossible to book appointments for us without knowing the specifics about the tattoos we want. Of course no one knows for sure how long something will take without first meeting the tattoo artist. They suggest we walk to the shop when we get there to book an appointment.

Bora Bora, French...
Level Contributor
709 posts
15 reviews
4 helpful votes
3. Re: Marama Tattoo

There is a very slim chance you would be able to walk in and get an appt with Marama the same week. He is very well known and usually is booked well in advanced, is "assistant" / partner is also very good. I would suggest you ask the resort where you will be staying to book for you.

Manassas, Virginia
1 post
1 review
1 helpful vote
4. Re: Marama Tattoo

Hello,

When I vacationed in Bora Bora in OCT 2016 I stayed at the Thalasso SPA Resort and my concierge made my appointment with Marama 8 months out. He is popular and he is booked around the clock. People from around the world jet set to see him just for a tattoo. Unfortunately, you are not able to walk in and get appointment with the famous tattoo artist in the same day or week. I plan another vacation in Bora Bora and I will get another tattoo:)

Retired Veteran

Level Contributor
50 posts
3 reviews
5. Re: Marama Tattoo

Go to their website and email his wife. We are pre booked for our vacation. She basically asks you about where you want it, and about how large just to gauge how long the appt will take. They have been great to work with.

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
1 post
16 reviews
17 helpful votes
6. Re: Marama Tattoo

Marama is 1/2 American and speaks perfect English. He was very kind, and made a personal appointment within 6 days of my visit.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
1 post
53 reviews
51 helpful votes
7. Re: Marama Tattoo

Marama is amazing!!! My husband and I got our first tattoo with Marama in 2015. We will travel back to Bora Bora next week and my husband has 3 days booked with him, yes my husband is a huge fan. You have to book through the hotel, we made our appointment in January of this year when we booked our trip. Good luck!

Omaha, Nebraska
Level Contributor
2 posts
16 reviews
7 helpful votes
8. Re: Marama Tattoo

I got a tattoo there two days ago from Warren who also works in the studio and he speaks English very well. No, Marama does not speak English. I was VERY lucky to get in due to a cancellation. Call for an appointment

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
1 helpful vote
9. Re: Marama Tattoo

Update-September 2018

We booked our trip through Tahiti.com with Nate Ricketts as our agent. Somehow through email and phone calls he was able to book my husband and I appointments. We didn’t arrive on Bora Bora until the last 4 days of our trip which was scheduled for our last day. The day we arrived we dropped by his shop and spoke with Marama directly and briefly discussed (after looking through his portfolio) where and what we wanted. Marama quotes us a time and price as he did speak English. On the day of our appointments everything went smoothly and quickly as he is a true professional and amazing at his art. I can’t speak highly enough about him and our experience. It truly was the best trip we’ve ever taken and seeing him was the perfect ending. His shop has one of the best views on the island and is probably one of the most updated and beautiful shops there. Definitely overall an experience of a lifetime!

Reno, Nevada
1 post
1 review
1 helpful vote
10. Re: Marama Tattoo

Knowing cost is relevant to type/size of the tattoo what can be expected cost wise for a traditional polynesian shoulder/upper arm or an arm

or leg band from Marama. Best guess is ok. Maruru

Reply to: Marama Tattoo
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted