We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking.com

Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Topic
Booking.com

Has anyone used these at all, i'm looking to book my accommodation for next year and the prices are fantastic, do they take the payment straight away or do your pay the hotel when you get there, it says you do but then I have to put in my card details !.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,785 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booking.com

Hi, I've used booking.com and not had any problems, they've been around for years!

You are quite right when they sometimes say pay the hotel when you get there but to also provide your card details. This is because of problems with "no shows" when people book but don't turn up!! They usually charge for the 1st night but can charge for the entire stay and will use your card to do so!!

Just check the booking conditions for the hotel you are looking to book as each will have a different one. CG x

Yorkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Dalyan
Level Contributor
1,273 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Booking.com

I've used Booking.com and have found them very much ok. Payment is usually made on arrival in resort in the local currency, with card details only taken to secure the booking confirmation. Your card will not be charged by Booking.com.

They also usually offer a free cancellation if you change your mind, with the time frame on this determined by the hotel....

Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Booking.com

Ahh thats fab, thanks guys, I was going to book it just to hold the room but not paid til the end of the month so didn't want to get overdrawn. Lol

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
1,093 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Booking.com

I have used them a few times (Amsterdam, Dublin and Portugal) and they are very good.

england
Level Contributor
9,752 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Booking.com

hi cull we use them for room in bodrum last season,no probs,the this season for gumbet,no probs u pay when u get bton the hotle,gen in euro ,,BUT,we are going back to the tropicana beach hotle inngumbet next season for two week then on to kusadasi so i looked on booking .com for room, prices,for the tropicana, bit expen i was thinking, so i looked at ,,TRAVEL REPUBLIC,,and,,HOTELS4U.COM, there prices were half of what booking .com wanted for a room,at the trop,,u have to put down a dep,and pay the balance,3 month before your holiday,,but there a lot for diff in the price,,,think booking .com high price is cos thers no lay out till u get there BUT,,i even,emailed the manager of the trop for the room prices,,there price was half of booking .com,room price, okthe air con is in with booking .com price and u pay sep with t.rep/ hotels4u BUT the air con is only 3 pound a day so t/repub are saying but still a big,ish save if booking with them or hotels4u WHO have a deal forb the tropicana rooms at the mow,,

england
Level Contributor
9,752 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Booking.com

cull ,,a few spelling miss in the last post shud have used chrome,,but i old and getting sleepy,,but i think u will get the drift of whot i am saying, booking.com expen,, comp, to hotels4u bye,,

Edited: 21 July 2012, 14:35
West Yorks
Level Contributor
2,447 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Booking.com

Hi Cull32. I regularly use Booking.com and Late Rooms in the UK and find both to be reliable. However, both are supposed to take your card details only to secure the booking and (as choirgirl says) for no-shows. Unfortunately though I have found on two ocassions in the past year my card has been debited some time before my stay. This is not supposed to happen but ultimately hotels have your card details via the booking system and it seems that one or two are abusing the system. So I would be inclined to email the hotel to clarify with them that they will not debit your card until your stay. :-)

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,892 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Booking.com

why not contact the hotel directly and you might get a better deal than booking.com..also each hotel's policies are different when it comes to no-shows or late cancellations.

Hornsea, United...
Level Contributor
46 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Booking.com

Totally agree re checking directly with hotels. I have done that on the last 2 occasions and saved approx 10% (commission paid to agents?) On neither occasion has the hotel asked for deposit and take it on trust that you will turn up! Can you imagine a hotel in UK doing that! They do ask that if you cannot travel to let them know so they have a chance to re-sell the room.

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,892 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Booking.com

I can understand if a hotel does not have its own website and one might use booking.com to secure accommodations..but if the hotel has their own website and email it is just as easy if not easier than booking with a booking site.

Get answers to your questions about Dalyan