We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Olympos and Cirali

Joao Pessoa, PB
Level Contributor
8 posts
125 reviews
Olympos and Cirali

My husband and me will be in olympos next month, we will be staying in one of the tree houses in the olympos side, next to the olympos ruins, but we really want to walk to the chimaeras flames.

Accordingly to what I've read in the internet, it's about 4 km

Walking itself is not a problem for us, we really enjoy walking.

I'm just woried about safety if we have to go back to our pension in olympos through the ruins at night. Can anyone tell me if it's ok to walk between Cirali and Olympos after dark?

thank you

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,956 posts
36 reviews
1. Re: Olympos and Cirali

Hi often they close the entrance of the ruins at night and getting back and forth could be a problem...also depends on the time of night ..the walk will be more than 4kms..you are better to join the organized bus trips offered in Olympos...also you will need a flashlight

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
3,703 posts
292 reviews
2. Re: Olympos and Cirali

Yes, canmom is right the gates are closed at night and it would be dangerous to walk through the ruins in the dark (and it IS very dark). Most of the camps organise a minibus to the bottom of the walk to the chimaera and you will need a torch. Which camp are you staying in?

3. Re: Olympos and Cirali

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 February 2018, 19:18
Get answers to your questions about Olympos