We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Olympos in winter

Istanbul, Turkey
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Olympos in winter

Hi

I want to go to Antalya on Feb. First I will enter to Antalya and then I will go to Fethiye and depart from Dalaman.

I read a lot about Olympos and kaş. So I think it could be a good idea to spend 3 nights in Antalya, 1 night in Olympos, 1 night in Kas and 2 nights in Fethiye. (my trip is totally 7 days). But I concern about the weather specially in Olympos!

Is there any one who has experienced being in Olympos during winter? How are the heating facilities? how is the weather? how is the green area?

Any other suggestion to our 7 days trip ... :)

Thanks

1 reply
Kayakoy, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
9,680 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Olympos in winter

I do not think the weather will be so different in Olympos then the other towns you emntion, they are all along the Mediterranean coast. I would be more concerned about basic comfort there during winter. Olympos is known for the tree houses. I was thinking about possibilities to warm up a room and available hot water. Also I do not think there will be a lot going on there in winter.

But Februari can be lovely as well. It is a not a trip that needs to be planned far ahead, nothing needs to be pre booked, so you can easy wait till the time is there and make your plans as you go.

You could just visit the site for a while and continue... Staying 2 nights in Kas would be a better option I think.

Or visit Üçağız/Kekova which is stunning and close to Kaş.

One more thing, limit Antalya to max 2 nights, that is enough. Kaleici is beautiful but can be seen in a day. The doing things outside can be quite time consuming, the city is huge with lots of traffic jams. Once we left Antalya by car to Fethiye, it took us as long to leave the city as the drive to Fethiye (aver 200 kms!).

Hope this helps, good luck!

Reply to: Olympos in winter
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Olympos