We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nightlife in Olympos

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
43 posts
11 reviews
Nightlife in Olympos

Hi there,

I'm researching places to visit in Turkey when I visit July/August 2015. Olympos sounds great, however I'm after some more information about the bars/nightlife? People say it's more liviler than Cirali.. just wondering if you could paint a picture of a typical night out in these months?

Thanks so much.

1 reply
Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
3,736 posts
304 reviews
1. Re: Nightlife in Olympos

I am only going by what we saw in October. Each camp has a bar, some are quite active where they play music or have live music. We saw a band appearing across the road from the Saban where we were staying (see my review) and there was live Turkish music from a couple of other camps, by Monday the coaches had come, the locals had gone home and everywhere was very quiet at night. We wandered along the length of the road looking for somewhere a bit livelier but there were very few guests so late in the season, the weather had turned particularly cold so we spent our last evening sat round a camp fire talking with a German walker we had met in the mountains..

July and August will be full-on, there are travellers there from all over the world and it makes for an interesting experience, I am sure there will plenty going on in the main months and absolutely more lively than Cirali which even in September of our first year was very quiet with only one small bar playing music. When we went the following year it was Bayram and there were many Turkish guests from Istanbul but still only the one bar though some of the restaurants served beer. Most people were just chatting or strolling round. I am sure over time it has started to cater for it's European guests but we didn't notice that much change this year, you can walk along the beach to get there otherwise it's a long drive round.

Reply to: Nightlife in Olympos
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Olympos