We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Antalya to Olympos

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
24 posts
Antalya to Olympos

Hi

I will be flying into Antalya airport late evening need options for travel to Olympos - Bus or Taxi. I'm guessing buses don't run late in the eveni ng so would it be worthwhile getting a hotel near airport and then bus in the morning?

Also how many nights would you reccommend in Olympus - I was thinking 3 nights and then an onward bus to Kas?

All advice welcomed

Steve

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
17,579 posts
3 reviews
1. Re: Antalya to Olympos

The last bus is at 19.30 which is no good for you so yes,perhaps stay in a pension in Antalya that night as a taxi would be very expensive.Plenty of cheap pensions around Kaleiçi.Check out Hostelbookers and Hostelworld as well as TA.You can take the Havaş bus into town,it passes closer to Kaleiçi.The airport hotels are typical expensive faceless chain hotels.

Here is the bus timetable to Olympos-

http://www.batiantalyatur.net/?Bid=197681

kalkış is departure times and varış is arrival times.

2 days is ample at Olympos,more to do and see around Kaş.

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
41,622 posts
67 reviews
2. Re: Antalya to Olympos

Stephen, One important issue here is that Bati Antalya Tour mentioned above leaves you at the junction of the main highway and the village road for Olympos/Adrasan/Cavusin villages. Olympos village you want to go, is 12 km's away from the junction. In summer time (not in winter) there are minibuses that will take you from the junction to Olympos proper. Or you must arrange for transportation with the hotel or a private transfer that will pick you up at the junction. Also besides Bati Antalya Tur, Kumluca Seyahat and Kumluca Cicek Tur are two more companies that will take you to Olympos junction from Antalya Otogar.

good luck,

enigma...

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,956 posts
36 reviews
3. Re: Antalya to Olympos

there are no buses at night..so your only opition is a taxi or arrange a private transfer ( might be cheaper than a taxi )

Please make sure that you do your research in the difference between Olympos and the neighboring village of Cirali..both share the same beach

turkeytravelplanner.com/go/…index.html

turkeytravelplanner.com/go/…cirali.html

PS...There are always many mix-ups between the village of Cirali and the village ( valley ) of Olympos. Here's a bit of clarification on the subject.

Cirali / Olympos is located approx. 80km southwest from Antalya. It is quiet and peaceful village perfect for families, nature lovers and for those wishing to get away from the mass touristic cities or towns.

First the beach of Olympos ( located in the village of Cirali ) is shared by both villages. There are two entrances to these villages located on the main highway between Antalya -Fethiye.

One entrance (Cirali) will bring you down into the village of after 7kms. Here you can reach the beach by car, mini-bus or by foot. Once on the beach ( 4kms long -secluded - clean ) you can walk into the entrance of the ancient city of Olympos visiting the ruins located on either side of the creek.

The second entrance on the main highway from Antalya is the entrance to the village of Olympos ( 12 kms from the main highway ), Cavus Koy, and Adrasan. Here in this village are more accomodations with treehouses, bugalows, pansiyons and small hotels as well.

Olympos is very famous for the '' treehouses'' and offers a bit of a different lifestyle that Cirali It tends to cater to more younger crowd or students including backpackers and budget accomodations. In Olympos there are more bars and discos where as Cirali caters to a quieter crowd with only a few local bars playing live turkish music.

To reach the beach from Olympos village one must walk through the ancient city of Olympos. Depending on where one is staying the walk to the beach can be a few minutes up to longer ranging from 800m - 3 or 4 kms. Staying in Olympos village to visit the flames at night there are group tours with mini-buses that travel back up to the main highway road ( 12km ) and then after 1 km down into the other entrance (Cirali - another 11kms down ). You can walk if you wish through Olympos and then along the beach for 4kms or more to visit the flames. Don't forget to bring your flashlight as the ancient city has no lights at night.

Margate South Africa
Level Contributor
91 posts
4. Re: Antalya to Olympos

Hi there

Enigma mentions that the minibuses from the main road down to Olympos only run in summer. On what date do they stop running? We have booked at Bayrams in Olympos for 25 & 26 October.... would we need to arrange with them for a pick-up?

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,956 posts
36 reviews
5. Re: Antalya to Olympos

re; Olympos Mini-buses

usually they stop running at around dusk..also for those dates in October..there is a turkish holiday time..starting on October 24 - October 28

so inluding the weekends...it will start on October 21 - October 30th

as turkish people holiday during these dates I would imagine that there would be transportation available...as I know for Cirali there will be...and cirali is the neighboring village to Olympos

also why dont you send an email to Bayrams in Olympos and ask them ?

be prepared for sunset in late October at around 6pm and after the clocks go back 5pm

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,956 posts
36 reviews
6. Re: Antalya to Olympos

and to the original poster Stephen

I would also like to say that just one night only in Cirali ( Olympos ) is hard pressed and very rushed to try and see all the sights...you are better with a minimum of 2 nights or even 3 to be more relaxed...you will need time to visit the ruins of Olympos along the beach and as well possibly time to visit the Chimaera in the evening...to do all of this within one nights stay is very rushed and tiring. You would benefit by staying a bit longer in Cirali ( Olympos ) if your plans allow.

and if you are arriving late the first night you probably wont get a chance to do anything that first night anyways..the next day go out and spend time at the beach and visiting the ruins..and then the next day visit the chimaera at night..

Antalya, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Antalya
Level Contributor
9,777 posts
29 reviews
7. Re: Antalya to Olympos

Just to update the Cirali mini bus is running. My other half got it today. So my guess is the Olympos one will be as well. İn case anyone is heading out there this weekend!!!!

Many pansiyons/hotels etc will offer a pick up service as well - so well worth checking with where you are staying. İ was in Cirali 2 weeks ago and the peace and tranquility was wonderful. Such a shame İ had to come back to go to work!

İ would also suggest that one night isn't long enough to really appreciate this beautiful part of Turkey.

8. Re: Antalya to Olympos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 May 2014, 12:15
Get answers to your questions about Olympos