We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nenna Raft Adventures vs. Denali Outdoor Center Rafting

Georgia
Level Contributor
107 posts
60 reviews
Nenna Raft Adventures vs. Denali Outdoor Center Rafting

Who: Married couple in early 60's

When: August

Rafting Experience: Minimal (2 previous experiences when younger)

We want to take the four hour oar rafting tour on the Nenna River and can't decide which company to go with. I've read the forum answer from 2011 but I was hoping for a more recent recommendation. Any suggestions?

Also, do we need waterproof gloves for the trip, or any gloves for that matter? If so...recommendations on brand?

3 replies to this topic
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
491 posts
45 reviews
1. Re: Nenna Raft Adventures vs. Denali Outdoor Center Rafting

Several years ago I did the 2 hr Canyon Run trip with my wife, two sons and my oldest grandson. We used Denali Raft Adventures and all had a great time. We did the trip where you paddle the raft. We did not need gloves. I would check the water levels before going. One year when we went with my youngest gandson the water level was very low and the trip was a slow cruise down the river

fti
MN
Destination Expert
for Alaska
Level Contributor
16,111 posts
33 reviews
2. Re: Nenna Raft Adventures vs. Denali Outdoor Center Rafting

Never heard of Nenana Raft Adventures. Denali Raft Adventures and Denali Outdoor Center both book a lot of rafting trips. I had a somewhat unpleasant experience trying to book Denali Raft Adventures a couple of weeks ago. After having taken two trips in the past with Denali Outdoor Center and having nothing but praise and good contact with them, I won't even consider anyone else in the future. I am sure DRA does a great job, but the experience two weeks ago was uncalled for poor customer service.

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
45,074 posts
44 reviews
3. Re: Nenna Raft Adventures vs. Denali Outdoor Center Rafting

Yes, there is a company called Nenana Raft Adventures, but I always recommend DOC - they have one of the best safety records on the river and they are the only local company that does water safety classes with our local school kids. They would have all the gear you need. :)

Reply to: Nenna Raft Adventures vs. Denali Outdoor Center Rafting
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Healy
Recent Conversations
More Healy Topics