We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What months have the best deals for airfare to Tahiti?

Which Tahiti hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
1,161 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
What months have the best deals for airfare to Tahiti?

I've been researching a variety of sites for airfare to/from Tahiti in March 2008. I've also seen reference to some great sales in the past. I'm wondering if I should wait a bit to book the airfare, but don't know when those 'sales' are offered or which months they would cover.

I've found via a travel agent R/T fare LAX-PPT for $1015. It's the best deal compared to my searches but if there might be a sale later in the year for March travel dates, I'll take my chances.

Thanks,

nancy

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
5,098 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What months have the best deals for airfare to Tahiti?

Ia orana

With less competion around , go for it...

Air tahiti nui and Air france have already announced a $ 10 fuel surcharge increase...

Chances to find a lower air fare will be slim at best (or would be very restrictive as for the possible travel dates.

Bon Voyage

meherio

santa barbara,CA
Destination Expert
for French Polynesia, Cook Islands, Tahiti
Level Contributor
8,418 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What months have the best deals for airfare to Tahiti?

Ait Tahiti Nui has specials a couple of times a year, usually in the November OR February travel periods...somewhere around there...(based upon their whim of availability and loads on flights...never the same) These sales are usually in a very small window a month or two beforehand and have extremely limited dates and very limited availability. They are short and sweet. It is difficult to get these low fares at best. You have to watch like a hawk and be extremely flexible. March? Probably not.... The fare you have found is about right.

sunny regards,

shully

Richmond, Virginia
Destination Expert
for French Polynesia
Level Contributor
4,793 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What months have the best deals for airfare to Tahiti?

Hi Kittycatwoman

You may also want to check into Hawaian Airlines. They are already USD100.00 less if you check the fares for March now.

Regards

BO

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
1,161 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What months have the best deals for airfare to Tahiti?

You two are certainly keeping your eyes on this forum and that's great. Thanks for your advice and yes, it seems like a good fare to me. I will have to add flights from Orlando to LAX but that's where I may find some sales and also, there's a lot more competition and flights. So I'll keep my eyes open for that but probably will book the other flight.

Thanks.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
5,098 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What months have the best deals for airfare to Tahiti?

Ia orana

Check also for the Round the world deals from the airlines ( and consider the southern route via Santiago do chile....)

This could be the single most cost and time effective move for you.

meherio

Richmond, Virginia
Destination Expert
for French Polynesia
Level Contributor
4,793 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What months have the best deals for airfare to Tahiti?

OH MEHERIO............I never thought of that route.

Can you give me the details of the exact routing for that please?

Regards

BO

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
5,098 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What months have the best deals for airfare to Tahiti?

Ia orana

offer found on the Tahiti press website as one of the banners. special offer from tahiti to Paris with free stopover to Easter island, Santiago de Chile , Madrid and finally paris for 199 000 CFP

for the french readers: …tahitipresse.pf/campagne/lan/route-sud.htm

Worth checking if the contrary is similar cost wise or if Lan Chile ( part of one World Alliance) has a round the world with Qantas by example or British Airways.

Meherio

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
5,098 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What months have the best deals for airfare to Tahiti?

More information for Most of the Round the World tickets :

aroundtheworlds.com/english/round_the_world_…

Enjoy

meherio

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
5,098 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What months have the best deals for airfare to Tahiti?

Qantas Airways

Global Explorer Airfares (till March 2003)

The Global Explorer Airfare is one of the most flexible airfares, allowing you to travel almost every corner of the World during a year. You may use all flights of the member airlines of the OneWorld Alliance, such as British Airways, Qantas, American Airlines, Canadian Airlines, Cathay Pacific, Lan Chile, Air Pacific, Deutsche BA, Aer Lingus.

Together they offer a selection of 470 destinations... a truly outstanding offer. The unspoiled expanses of Northern Canada, the fantastic landscapes of the American West, the white planes of Africa, the immense wilderness of Australia. Do you want to discover the mysteries of India, the charm of the Far East?

Below you find the airfare and (condensed) rules for this Round-the-World ticket starting in Amsterdam, Brussels and Luxembourg. The airfare is per person and valid for departure dates in the specified season. Conditions apply and Airfares may be changed by the airline without notice. For inquiries on availability, please use the Quotation Request Form (please note these airfares have to booked in combination with a landarrangement [eg. hotel and/or rentalcar]).

Global Explorer Airfare (Round-the-World)

Milage / Class

Economy Business First

Max 26.000 miles (41.834km) 1899.- - -

Max 29.000 miles (46.661km) 2400.- - -

Max 34.000 miles (54.706km)

2900.- 5000.- 7500.-

All airfares per person in euro

Conditions:

Only valid for travel on flights of airline members of the OneWorld Alliance, eg.

Air Pacific

American Airlines (AA)

British Airways (BA)

Canadian Airlines

Cathay Pacific (CX)

Deutsche BA

Aer Lingus

Lan Chile

Qantas Airways (QF) There are no Qantas flights from Amsterdam, therefor the following feeder flights must be used: To/from London (LHR) - British Airways (BA)

Tahiti Nui Airline

With a departure from Amsterdam, Brussels or Luxembourg, your journey must pass through London and take you as far as Australia. Your return journey must use a different route from your outward journey; Only 1x trans-Atlantic travel allowed; Only 1 international departure and arrival from/to country of origin is permitted

Travel must be in one direction round-the world (eastbound or westbound), except on certain specific routes in North America

Your entire journey may not exceed the milage as shown in the table above

Open Jaws (surface sectors) are allowed, but the distance of the surface sector is added to the milage

Domestic flights are allowed

Excluding security surcharges and taxes

Infant discount 90% for baby's aged 0 - 1 years

Child discount 33% for children aged 2 -11 years

No other youth or senior discounts apply

Maximum stay enroute: 1 year

Minimum stay enroute: 14 days

Upgrading of individual sectors not permitted (exept to Concorde); Business class passengers will travel in First Class within North America; If business or first class is not available on a requested sector, passenger will travel in a lower class (eg. economy) without compensation

Business and First Class passengers can travel on BA Concorde service at a surcharge of 1892 euro (Business Class) or 1183 euro (First Class)

Your ticket includes a total of 6 stopovers (one must be in Australia). For additional stopovers a surcharge per stopover applies of 85 euro (economy) and 165 euro (business & first)

Unlimited transfers allowed between BA and QF (these transfers count only as stopover if stop is voluntary or more than 24 hours); All other transfers will count as stopovers (unless exempt by further route restrictions)

Route restrictions for Australia:

Domestic travel is restricted to 3 sectors

A maximum of 2 international arrivals and departures are allowed

When the journey includes travel through Australia more than once, then one transfer at ADL, BNE, CNS, DRW, MEL, PER, SYD will not be counted as stopover

At least one transfer must be taken

Route restrictions for Canada / USA:

Stopovers must be taken in a continuous eastbound or westbound global direction without backtracking

Backtracking restriction may be waived from/to following:

From/to cities in the US bordering the Atlantic Ocean plus Washington DC, which may be considered to be in a straight (north-south) line provided the direction of travel up or down the line is maintained

LAX / SAN / SFO and from/to States of the USA bordering the Atlantic Ocean plus Washington DC, which may be considered to be in a straight line provided the direction of travel up or down the line is maintained

Between YTO / YUL and the from/to States of the USA bordering the Atlantic Ocean plus Washington DC, travel is permitted via direct services or via PHL / PIT

One transfer in the USA will not be counted as a stopover

Route restrictions for Europe:

A maximum of 3 sectors are permitted

When your travel includes travel via UK more than once, then 1 transfer within the UK will not be counted as a stopover

Date changes are FOC; Routing changes 1x FOC, after that reticketing cost 150 euro per ticket, no refunds after departure

Airfare only valid in combination with pre-booked landarrangement

Further conditions may apply; Airfares and conditions are subject to change without prior notice

meherio

10. Re: What months have the best deals for airfare to Tahiti?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2009, 23:18