We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Rental through Adventure Inn Hotel

Which San Jose hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Reno, Nevada
Level Contributor
105 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Car Rental through Adventure Inn Hotel

We will be arriving in San Jose airport around 9:00 pm, before heading to the Arenal area. So we are planning to stay somewhere near the airport. I have read several posts and am thinking of staying at the Adventure Inn, as they have a good price for 3 people with buffet breakfast. We will be needing a rental car and I noticed that the hotel offers car rentals via their site. They spell-out the insurance charges clearly and their prices look pretty good. Would appreciate any input from anyone who has used this hotel's rental service!

Hudson, Iowa
Level Contributor
202 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car Rental through Adventure Inn Hotel

I have stayed at Adventure Inn a couple different years but have not used there rental service. You will love staying there and I have heard nothing but good things about the car rentals. Sorry I don't have any personal experience with that part though.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,036 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car Rental through Adventure Inn Hotel

I do not think you need any middle person to rent a car...dealt direct with the rent a car...in case of any dispute you will be in better position to fight the charges...you really do not need a middle person...they only are looking for the commision!

roadadvisor

Reno, Nevada
Level Contributor
105 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car Rental through Adventure Inn Hotel

Yes, I agree that it is best not to have a middle person for the rental, but the prices that they offer are quite good (including mandatory insurance). Part of the reason I think the price is so good is because maybe they don't charge the airport tax that I have seen through other agencies? The car will be picked-up and dropped off at the hotel, which may save me a days rental.

4. Re: Car Rental through Adventure Inn Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 March 2012, 19:23
Reno, Nevada
Level Contributor
105 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Car Rental through Adventure Inn Hotel

Cajon Traveler, I am a little confused by your post. Are you referring to Adventure Inn - "Eric and staff"? It would be so nice to drive directly from and to our hotel with the car, rather than navigate around the airport. Thanks for your input.

CALI
Level Contributor
429 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Car Rental through Adventure Inn Hotel

In most cases I say go directly to rental car, but with Adventure Inn you cant go wrong.

It was our 1st time in Costa Rica and after reading all the posts, my family decided to rent with Eric and Adventure Inn.

Yes, they are a middle man and yes they make a commission. A lot of their commission goes to the workers at the hotel.

If you want to have a relaxed car rental, and its your 1st time in Costa Rica, I recommend renting the car thru Adventure Inn.

I am sure you read a lot about insurance, and Eric was very clear with me when i inquired i want ALL insurance and what TOTAL price would be. The others when i went direct were very vague on TOTAL price. They all included the mandatory and listed the optional, when i inquired i want ALL, they couldnt give me a dollar amount.

Reno, Nevada
Level Contributor
105 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Car Rental through Adventure Inn Hotel

Thanks fade32242. We usually rent directly from rental agency(Mexico), but yes this is our first trip to Costa Rica. I know the big debate about insurance coverage is ongoing on the forum. So need to do some investigation about what our credit card will cover. It looks like full coverage is $19/day, a little pricey, but I see that you feel it is worth it!

8. Re: Car Rental through Adventure Inn Hotel

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 March 2012, 19:22
Uvita, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Uvita, Ojochal
Level Contributor
2,647 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Car Rental through Adventure Inn Hotel

Have a look at this thread: tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g291982-i813-k5163…

Check who the rent a car is now

10. Re: Car Rental through Adventure Inn Hotel

Removed on: 09 March 2012, 19:22