We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach at Manuel Antonio park

Level Contributor
14 posts
6 reviews
11 helpful votes
Beach at Manuel Antonio park
Save

I am doing a guided tour and I understand it ends at the beach. I have a few questions (thanks in advance)

1. Can you buy drinks/beer on the beach? What about renting loungers/umbrellas? (I've read yes and no)

2. I read the beach is a 30 min walk from the entrance. Are there faster ways to exit the beach if I don't care about going back in the park? (I am trying to budget my time considering the park closes at 4)

3.Do I need to wear closed toed shoes to walk the park? It would be easier to wear flip flops since the bulk of my time will be at the beach.

5 replies to this topic
Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
12,929 posts
21 reviews
46 helpful votes
1. Re: Beach at Manuel Antonio park
Save

1, The beach in the park is unimproved. There are toilets & shower at the beach. You can bring in water or soda but no alcoholic drinks. No food is allowed. No beach chairs or umbrellas for rent.

2.Nope. You return the way you entered.

3. You can wear sandals or flip flops.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
19,045 posts
70 reviews
182 helpful votes
2. Re: Beach at Manuel Antonio park
Save

Here is a map of the park - https://images.app.goo.gl/FiX1tstD39DLRX4C8 .

The main beach is not far from the entrance. It is easy to find your way out along the main trail. We did not time if it was 30 min. though, I would say, less.

There is also a free longer public beach next to the park, where the middle and left (if facing the water) parts had beach chairs and umbrellas for rent. The right side was quieter. There were vendors on that beach. There are places to buy drinks in the busy area near the park's end. The width of that public beach depended on the tide schedule (we had to leave by 2, as no sand was left to stay on, as the water started coming up after 12 pm).

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,354 posts
26 reviews
70 helpful votes
3. Re: Beach at Manuel Antonio park
Save

We went further on after our tour and eating lunch was over. The trail made a circle and deposited us back into the main parking areas where we were. The beach gets less crowded as you continue further into the park, at least it was in our experience.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
64,987 posts
140 reviews
45 helpful votes
4. Re: Beach at Manuel Antonio park
Save

Thank you crfan and Joey G...nothing better than first hand advice...yes that is the way it is in MA...

Remember now days park close Tuesdays

roadadvsiro

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
19,045 posts
70 reviews
182 helpful votes
5. Re: Beach at Manuel Antonio park
Save

Re "Do I need to wear closed toed shoes to walk the park? It would be easier to wear flip flops since the bulk of my time will be at the beach.":

For the paths of that park, you can wear sandals, not necessarily closed toed shoes or hiking shoes.

Reply to: Beach at Manuel Antonio park
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Ireland. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.