We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thrifty Car Rental - Rude and Ripoff

eschuber
Level Contributor
6 posts
138 reviews
82 helpful votes
Thrifty Car Rental - Rude and Ripoff
Save

I was charged an extra $80 when i returned the car to SJO. I wanted a car friday to friday, but the rep said i could have the car delivered to my hotel thursday night at no extra charge. lie! they scammed me out of $80 and when i asked the supervisor's name, she refused to tell me, left the room, and no one else there gave me her name. ATROCIOUSLY RUN AT THRIFTY NEAR SJO!

i'm working thru the complaint process currnently

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
64,346 posts
140 reviews
45 helpful votes
1. Re: Thrifty Car Rental - Rude and Ripoff
Save

You can try to send a letter to Orlando Guerrero the local general manger...not a very nice to dealt with...but you can try!

roadadvisor

eschuber
Level Contributor
6 posts
138 reviews
82 helpful votes
2. Re: Thrifty Car Rental - Rude and Ripoff
Save

any address or contact for that? thanks...

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
Level Contributor
8,418 posts
29 reviews
16 helpful votes
3. Re: Thrifty Car Rental - Rude and Ripoff
Save

Sorry to hear about your trouble, car rental companies here can be pretty dicey sometimes. I have rented from Adobe, Mapache, and Toyota without incident. Of the 3 I liked Adobe the best, no BS with them.

4. Re: Thrifty Car Rental - Rude and Ripoff

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 February 2012, 05:43
Get answers to your questions about Arenal Volcano...
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Ireland. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.