- is Monteverde worth the side trip? if yes, what would you do there for 2 days? i am struggling to see what I can see/do there that I cant at LF/Arenal? the unique cloud forest perhaps? but rainforests are everywhere in CR... please enlighten me
- there are so many adventure parks in LF/Arenal and Monteverde that offer hanging bridge walking etc. i think there are 4-5 that i have read about. i assume they offer pretty much similar experience? so if you only have time and budget to go to 2 which will be your top two?
- it seems like such a long drive from LF/Arenal to Monteverde but I know there's a taxi-boat-taxi option. is it a good idea to just leave (sedan) rental car behind at LF/Arenal and do this option RT? is the service still operating post-covid?
- is the coastline from Samara to Tamarindo worth driving along for sightseeing? the road (Route 160) doesnt seem to be next to the water however. I am trying to decide if i should just return the rental car back at Liberia after the LF/Arenal portion, and then take shuttle to/from Hotel Punta Islita. Or is it worth it holding the rental car until the end of the trip.
- can you reach Punta Islita safely with a sedan these days?
thank you for any insights!