We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ideas for activities for 2 yr old and 76 year old?

Boston...
10 posts
Ideas for activities for 2 yr old and 76 year old?
Save

I am looking at an 11 day trip to CR in November once Covid restrictions hopefully ease. Hoping to spend 4-5 nights in the Arenal/La Fortunate area. My toddler will be 2 by then and my 76 year old MIL will be traveling with us. What activities would you recommend for each of their age/activity levels? I am open to a bit of light hiking to see waterfalls and volcano views, but are the hanging bridges for example a stretch for those age groups? Any other family friendly tips like restaurants, etc for the area are appreciated as well!

2 replies to this topic
Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
9,517 posts
75 reviews
15 helpful votes
1. Re: Ideas for activities for 2 yr old and 76 year old?
Save

We'd have to know more about your group. Are you expecting the toddler to walk or would she/ he be in a carrier? Can your MIL walk for distances, does she have balance issues or problems with hills and steps?

Both would be fine on a Cano Negro boat tour, assuming there's no age limit for children. Practically anything else would be dependent upon answers to the above.

In particular, there's a huge variation among people in their mid seventies.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
64,846 posts
140 reviews
45 helpful votes
2. Re: Ideas for activities for 2 yr old and 76 year old?
Save

Hard to give you advice...since the age 2 YO and 76 YO...hard for most of us to recommend anything..I had learn in the last few days...that some people..( of course not you ) are ready to jump all over some advices.

In your case...maybe nice to wait until you are there---one thingI can tell you..is that hopefully you find a hotel that is close to La Fortuna and hopefully offer FREE hot spring on site

Check the following link

https://www.hotelloslagos.com/

Very nice also Tabacom Hote Springs Hotel, Arenal Nayara, Kioro, Silencio del Campo , Montaña de fuego, Arenal Paraiso, Royal Corin, Lomas del Volcan, Casa Luna, etc

Nice to be close to La Fortuna in case of any emergency or to find a place to have a great food !

Most of the places I mentioned...they offer AC, TV, nice pools, great easy hiking trails, good food , FREE on site hot springs , etc etc !!

Roadadvisor 100% costa rican indian

Reply to: Ideas for activities for 2 yr old and 76 year old?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Ireland. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.