We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Covid Test at Clinica Biblica Hospital San Jose

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
487 posts
15 reviews
16 helpful votes
Covid Test at Clinica Biblica Hospital San Jose
Save

Called to make an appointment but they were asking for the detailed address but as many know, CR does not have exact address. I'm in an airbnb and the address like most in CR is just a description such as "3 blocks South of Oscar Arias House". The person making the appointment agreed there is no specific address then went on to ask the description such as "color" of building and asked for other description like "is there a big tree in front"...I gave up on phone and just going there this evening without appointment. I guess if your in a hotel it's easier. Also demanded a local phone# which I don't have of course. I told them most tourist don't have local phone#...

22 replies to this topic
San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
64,847 posts
140 reviews
45 helpful votes
1. Re: Covid Test at Clinica Biblica Hospital San Jose
Save

LOL but you are correct...just act as we do...and give the costarican style addr...and regarding the phone find somebody that may help you near your location...sorry...but that is the way we are...and will be hard to change that !!

roadadvsiro

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
18,756 posts
70 reviews
180 helpful votes
2. Re: Covid Test at Clinica Biblica Hospital San Jose
Save

travelpro, Have you seen the form https://www.mipruebacovid.com ?

Could you have provided the local phone # of the accommodation's owner, manager of caretaker who is where you are or near by all the time? I.e. the number one would have used to contact you in emergency, should you not have your own phone?

If planning to do a rapid test, you will need to present your return flight tickets.

Good luck!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
64,847 posts
140 reviews
45 helpful votes
3. Re: Covid Test at Clinica Biblica Hospital San Jose
Save

What your return ticket ?? why ??

Hope my answer help you since that is the way we had been living all of our lives...!!

If you need more help please let us know...many locals or visitors with great first hand advice...in some cases from recent occassions and not years ago... !!

roadadvisor

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
64,847 posts
140 reviews
45 helpful votes
4. Re: Covid Test at Clinica Biblica Hospital San Jose
Save

I just call Clinica Biblica...they toll me that as a requiremnt they need a local addr...but they mention that Hotel and hotel room number is ok...and they have no idea about the return ticket ??

roadadvsor

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
1,184 posts
27 reviews
13 helpful votes
5. Re: Covid Test at Clinica Biblica Hospital San Jose
Save

The return ticket is necessary for the antigen test at Laboratorios Echandi as "the only people permotted to purchase the antigen test at Laboratorios Echandi are those with a flight within the next 72 hours." Requirements: "Present identification and a flight ticket/itinerary for an international flight within 72 hours. The test will only be carried out on people who present an air ticket for travel outside of Costa Rica."

Alajuela
Destination Expert
for Alajuela
Level Contributor
2,403 posts
56 reviews
25 helpful votes
6. Re: Covid Test at Clinica Biblica Hospital San Jose
Save

Hohoho @OP, wonderfully baroque!

Most forms in Costa Rica often contain something incomprehensible or merely just not useful. Entry to the national parks now requires you to be a member of something when all you wanted to do was pay a visit.

I sympathize with you "giving up on the phone".

Berni

Pura Vida Hotel

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
487 posts
15 reviews
16 helpful votes
7. Re: Covid Test at Clinica Biblica Hospital San Jose
Save

Hi ALL,

AWESOME responses and feedback. Much appreciated. I don't know if they had my info from trying to make the appointment but I just showed up at hospital and there was nobody so was in/out so fast. Just gave my passport. She did confirm my email that she apparently already had from phone call. Other than passport asked to see my flight home so showed then my ticket via AA App and paid the fee.

They said results within 2 hrs.

Cheers!

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
487 posts
15 reviews
16 helpful votes
8. Re: Covid Test at Clinica Biblica Hospital San Jose
Save

Already got my negative confirmation and within the 2hrs they said.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
18,756 posts
70 reviews
180 helpful votes
9. Re: Covid Test at Clinica Biblica Hospital San Jose
Save

@7, Thank you for the update.

Good thing you clarified that the return ticket info was indeed required, which should help one of the previous posters with the Qns in that person's posts ## 3-4.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
64,847 posts
140 reviews
45 helpful votes
10. Re: Covid Test at Clinica Biblica Hospital San Jose
Save

Thank you very much for the update...nice that you have your test already..that can easily male some people very sad since they love nehgatives news

Thank you number #5 we trust your answer fully

Nice to ask questions and have answers from people that knows first handa and hopefully here in Costa Rica

Number #9..??

roadadvsiro

Edited: 16 February 2021, 18:40
Reply to: Covid Test at Clinica Biblica Hospital San Jose
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Ireland. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.