We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Los Lagos vs Volcano Lodge

Downs, Kansas
Level Contributor
103 posts
36 reviews
8 helpful votes
Los Lagos vs Volcano Lodge
Save

Trying to decide where to stay I like both these places from when I can see didn’t know if anybody had any comments either way.

Selvita Lodge Arenal
Selvita Lodge Arenal
#12 of 68 B&Bs / Inns in La Fortuna de San Carlos
Tropico Monteverde Hotel
Tropico Monteverde Hotel
#2 of 52 Speciality lodging in Santa Elena
Finca Luna Nueva Lodge
Finca Luna Nueva Lodge
#1 of 4 Speciality lodging in Chachagua
3 replies to this topic
Playa Guiones...
Destination Expert
for Nosara
Level Contributor
3,166 posts
6 reviews
2 helpful votes
1. Re: Los Lagos vs Volcano Lodge
Save

I doubt you'll find anyone who stayed at both that can compare them for you. I've stayed at Volcano Lodge and it was fine, except the WIFI was pretty spotty from our room. Don't know if that's important to you or how it is at Los Lagos. For what it's worth, Volcano Lodge is rated slightly higher on Trip Advisor. I assume you've read all the reviews for both? If not, start there. Maybe it will help you decide.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
18,203 posts
70 reviews
180 helpful votes
2. Re: Los Lagos vs Volcano Lodge
Save

Myrth,

I would compare the reviews, the 2 hotels' booking/cancellation policies, which is always important, but especially when traveling during the pandemic, when plans need to be flexible;

and the hotels' Covid-19 safety protocols and procedures, which any other property seems to have posted on their site, on the home page (Could not notice one on the one of Los Lagos).

Los Lagos is popular with families, especially with young children, and does not allow guests to have any food or drinks in their rooms, mentioning guard dogs in the same sentence in their Booking policies.

Am wondering if you have read the current thread about Los Lagos going here - https://www.tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g17484635-i48808-k13469956-Los_Logas-La_Fortuna_La_Fortuna_de_San_Carlos_Arenal_Volcano_National_Park_Province_of_.html .

Hopefully, you will be able to choose the best hotel for your trip.

Edited: 22 January 2021, 18:14
San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
64,346 posts
140 reviews
45 helpful votes
3. Re: Los Lagos vs Volcano Lodge
Save

I will choose Los LAgos...is a great hotel with one of the best volcano location.

Hard to post all the safety protocols at any hotel...they change very often...also any nice hotels will follow all the protocols...

Yes I had stayed at the two of them... I like them both and they offer FREE hot Spring on site..AC...good food, etc

Los LAgos 6 Kms from La Fortun and Volcano Lodge 7 kms.

https://www.volcanolodge.com/ Volcano Lodge web site

https://www.hotelloslagos.com/ Los Lagos web page

Los Lagos offer a larger property, they even offer some great hikes....was a old movie CONGO it was filmed there at Los Lagos

The two of them offer all the things a modern hotel has to offer..

Roaadvsiro

Edited: 22 January 2021, 19:38
Reply to: Los Lagos vs Volcano Lodge
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Ireland. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.