We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things to do around Pacific Harbour

Echuca, Australia
Level Contributor
755 posts
70 reviews
Save Topic
Things to do around Pacific Harbour

We are spending 6 nights at The Uprising and starting to plan what there may be to do/see around there. We are just now starting to worry that 6 nights may be 1 or 2 too many.

Please let me know suggestions on things to do, places not to be missed.

We will firstly spend a week in The Yasawas so not too fussed about island day trips or anything like that, more cultural and picturesque places to see, places to eat etc.

Thanks in advance

London
Level Contributor
532 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Things to do around Pacific Harbour

Hi

I haven't been but going in October and also staying at the Uprising. It's the adventure capital of Fiji, so lots of the activities are adventurous. Activities we have found including

Rivers Fiji white water rafting (apparently amazing scenery)

Diving including shark dive, if you're PADI qualified

Jet skis

Terra trek buggies

Zip lining

I know you said you weren't bothered about Islands, but nearby Beqa Island has village tours and fire walkers!

Down the road from Pacific Harbour there is an Arts Village, which also has places to eat

You could consider a day trip to Suva?

There's also Colo-I-Suva Forest a Park not to far away.

Hope this helps

New Zealand
Destination Expert
for Mamanuca Islands
Level Contributor
2,899 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Things to do around Pacific Harbour

We were planning to head to the Pacific Harbour area this October but 'stuff happened' as the saying almost goes and plans have been put on hold till, maybe next year. Anyway as part of my research (I swear I enjoy the research as much as the holiday at times lol) I came across this fairly new (I think) activity which was immediately added to our 'Must Do' list...

http://seafijireefs.com/

As non divers their setup appeals to us very much, I'm particularly wanting to do the night tour. You'll also find heaps of good info re other stuff to do around the PH area on this page of theirs...

seafijireefs.com/pacific-harbour/what-to-do/

Just one slight correction to choccies post above, The Arts Village is located in the area known as Pacific Harbour for anyone reading this in future and thinking the two are separate. From the Uprising you could probably walk there in around 10 minutes if you were so inclined. And a slight warning - Colo-I-Suva Forest Park is renown for its very scenic rain forest other native vegetation and waterfall/s - but - there have been some instances of tourists being targeted within the park so use caution. Don't go alone (this advise for solo travelers reading this), don't take unnecessary cash and/or other valuables with you into the park and don't stray off the trails, particularly if this involves crossing streams - flash floods in lower areas due to heavy rainfall in the highland areas are common in Fiji. Wear good footwear (no jandles/flip flops/ thongs depending on your local terminology for footwear of this sort) and apply tropical strength insect repellent before entering the forested area or be prepared to leave behind many tasty samples of your DNA for the local fauna to enjoy. Take a guide or ask a local to go with you if at all possible, you'll have more fun and learn more about the Fijian plants and their uses and history that way anyway.

Echuca, Australia
Level Contributor
755 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Things to do around Pacific Harbour

Thanks so much both of you. I have saved these posts to access when we get to Fiji

Level Contributor
19 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Things to do around Pacific Harbour

I was in Pacific Harbour for 3 weeks back in May 2015. If anyone is a scuba diver i would highly recommend Beqa Adventure divers shark diving. Bus fares are very cheap in Fiji and very reliable. I would take a bus to Sigatoka and go to the Sand Dunes or stop anywhere along the Coral coast and have a beach day.

Sydney
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Things to do around Pacific Harbour

For a great meal go to Baka blues cafe at the cultural centre at Pacific Harbour

6. Re: Things to do around Pacific Harbour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 November 2017, 07:15
Get answers to your questions about Pacific Harbour
More Pacific Harbour Topics