We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things to do in & around Pacific Harbour - 6 nights

Echuca, Australia
Level Contributor
756 posts
70 reviews
Things to do in & around Pacific Harbour - 6 nights

We would love some ideas of things to do. We will be staying at The Uprising and after a whole week lazing in The Yasawas we may (just may) be looking for some things to do.

The furthest we've been along that way was to The Warwick some years ago.

I have a couple of specific questions for now:

1. Is there anything to stop and see on the way there? We will be heading from Vuda Marina about 1.30pm to Uprising.

2. We would possibly like to explore Suva. Is it worth it? If so what are the must sees?

3. Are there any spas at Pacific Harbour?

4. Places to eat?

Any information would be helpful - thanks in advance.

4 replies to this topic
Long Beach...
Level Contributor
7 posts
16 reviews
1. Re: Things to do in & around Pacific Harbour - 6 nights

On your way to the Uprising, you could swing by the Garden of the Sleeping Giant, which is on the way down to Nadi. Later on, you can also visit Kula Eco Park, which is about 10min east of Sigatoka.

Personally, I did not care for Suva but that is because I spent most of my day lost on foot, and had a bus to catch back to Sigatoka. The only things I did get to see were the municipal market near the bus station, the 4 story Tappoo, and the Fiji Museum. But if you really want to visit Suva for the sake of visiting, you could go to Colo-I-Suva and then drop into Suva on your way back to Uprising so it wouldn't feel like a waste of a day.

2. Re: Things to do in & around Pacific Harbour - 6 nights

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 06 July 2015, 01:35

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
405 posts
39 reviews
3. Re: Things to do in & around Pacific Harbour - 6 nights

1. Agree with Jennifer. Sigatoka is also worth a stop for a bite to eat or a drink.

2. Depends what you want from your holiday. I lived in Suva for almost 3 years & have travelled aroud Fiji. Suva is very different to the rest of Fiji. It's not touristy, it's very local. If you are wanting to see the real local life & mingle with the locals, then yes head to Suva. If you're after sun, sand & everything touristy, then Suva isn't really something you're after. Places in Suva worth a visit: Suva market, Suva flea market, Museum, changing of the guards, Albert park will likely have rugby match or training if that's of interest to you, Colo-I-Suva (make sure you have walking shoes/runners/sneakers), doing some cheap shopping in the CBD... Most things are closed on Sunday, so I suggest not visiting Suva on a Sunday

3. Non in Pacific Harbour (only the ones at the reports). If you do decide to head to Suva, Pure Fiji has a very nice Spa :)

London
Level Contributor
534 posts
6 reviews
4. Re: Things to do in & around Pacific Harbour - 6 nights

I'd also be interested in good places to eat in the area....

We're staying at the Uprising in October. I know you haven't asked about adventurous activities, but incase it helps....

Our planned activities are

Rivers Fiji White Water Rafting (apparently unmissable)

Diving/shark dive

Possibly Terra Trek buggies

Possibly jet ski over to Beqa Island

There's an Arts Village very nearby which has a bar, pool and food.

We'll probably skip Suva. I don't about spas but you can get massages at Uprising resort

Reply to: Things to do in & around Pacific Harbour - 6 nights
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Pacific Harbour
More Pacific Harbour Topics