We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First Time to Fiji Advice

Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Topic
First Time to Fiji Advice

hi, my husband and I are traveling to Fiji next week from Australia for our honeymoon! We have booked at the pearl and Beqa lagoon resort! We have never been to Fiji so I was hoping for any advice especially in relation of what to pack? are there laundry facilities etc

Mentioned in this post
Fiji
Fiji
South Pacific
Beqa Lagoon Resort
Beqa Lagoon Resort
548 Reviews
Beqa Island, Fiji
3 replies to this topic
Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
9,705 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First Time to Fiji Advice

Summer clothes will be the go with perhaps a light cardigan or jacket (can get cool of an evening) with smart casual clothing for evening. These resorts should offer laundry facilities. See if Beqa resort will take you out to the sand cay for snorkeling it is really beautiful.

New Zealand
Destination Expert
for Mamanuca Islands
Level Contributor
2,795 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First Time to Fiji Advice

If you don't already own one look in the gift shop once you get there for a sarong (sulu - wrap) or two. They're great to throw on over bathing gear and an acceptable form of dress if you visit a village where it's good manners to ensure that ladies cover their knees (and shoulders as well). Other things to bear in mind (re a possible village visit) is - remove headwear and take shoes off before entering any building.

It's a rule isn't it.... something in the marriage vows maybe that states..... 'and thee bride shalt not wash laundry whilst on honeymoon'?

I'm positive that's right!! lol

Welcome to Trip Advisor and congrats on your upcoming wedding. :)

Reno, Nv
Destination Expert
for Matangi Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
5,762 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First Time to Fiji Advice

The website for Beqa mentions having laundry service for a fee. You might contact the Pearl. Leave the fancy dresses and high heels home. Sundresses, capris with nice tops for dinner. For men nice shorts with collard shirts.

Take plenty of sunscreen and mosquito repellent. Will be pricey should you have to purchase at the resort. For having drinks in your room/bure recommend purchasing alcohol at the duty free shop at the airport in Nadi. Know resorts will not allow you to take your own drinks in the dining room/bar or common areas. You could also ask your driver to stop at one of the markets on the way to your resort.

For other suggestions of what to take with you, and other helpful information:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g294331-c134773/Fiji:…

Mentioned in this post
The Pearl Resort
The Pearl Resort
1,071 Reviews
Viti Levu, Fiji
Nadi
Nadi
Viti Levu, Fiji
Reply to: First Time to Fiji Advice
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Pacific Harbour
More Pacific Harbour Topics