We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TTF Shuttle from The Pearl Pacific Harbour to Nadi Airport

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
5 posts
63 reviews
TTF Shuttle from The Pearl Pacific Harbour to Nadi Airport

We have been travelling to Fiji every year for the last 7 years & always use TTF Transport in Nadi.

Whilst this had been terrific experience so far the return journey to Nadi from The Pearl on Friday June 19th 2015 was a disaster to say the least. The wrong car was sent, our baggage didn't fit & we nursed our gear on our laps back to Nadi (3hrs) & damaged our expensive cases. When reporting this it was rudely & off handedly dismissed. As a result TTF have now lost 10 bookings to rival operaters from friends & family that were going to use them on our recommendation as their shuttle service. All we are asking for was a polite apology, TTF voucher, partial refund (from Pac Harbour) or very small discount on our next trip to The Pearl next year & as a consequence now they lose out on ongoing bookings. We feel saddened this has happened as we have always loved the TTF experience but travellers need to be made aware when spending large amounts on transport shuttles that they are getting the correct vehicles & treated with respect.

9 replies to this topic
Nadi, Fiji
6 posts
1. Re: TTF Shuttle from The Pearl Pacific Harbour to Nadi Airport

Thank you for your comments.

As per stated on email to you TTF was not made aware of the luggage capacity and provided a vehicle according to booking made for 3 passengers. If TTF had been made aware of the luggage capacity at time of booking, you would have been provided with a suitable vehicle to accommodate 3 passengers and luggage accordingly without any additional cost.

TTF knows and constantly meets the expectations of all our customers.

Vinaka

TTF Team

New Zealand
Destination Expert
for Mamanuca Islands
Level Contributor
2,971 posts
32 reviews
2. Re: TTF Shuttle from The Pearl Pacific Harbour to Nadi Airport

I'm curious as to what size vehicle was sent and how much luggage you had? It may be difficult for others, not involved directly, to decide if TTF is a service they may choose to use at a future date without knowing more of the facts involved.

Nadi, Fiji
6 posts
3. Re: TTF Shuttle from The Pearl Pacific Harbour to Nadi Airport

Thank you Dianz for your comments

With any transport supplier vehicle allocated will be based on clients information to supplier. Full details on passengers traveling with luggage capacity will need to be provided to supplier to enable a correct vehicle type is allocated to accommodate booking requests. TTF has a range of vehicles to cater for all needs

Vinaka

TTF Team

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
5 posts
63 reviews
4. Re: TTF Shuttle from The Pearl Pacific Harbour to Nadi Airport

Bula TTF,

You were aware of the luggage amount as we had used you for the transfer to Pacific Harbour on May 29th. If you check the last 7 years of transfers you will note the vehicle that had been used on all occasions, never a Sedan! Anybody would realise that a 3 week in Fiji holiday would require more than 'hand luggage' & our fishing & diving gear were also extras.

We have always been extremely happy with TTF but have found your after sales service extremely disappointing to the point of being rude. It saddens me that this has happened as we are now looking to book another operator for December & June.

Vinaka Veka Levu,

Marie

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
5 posts
63 reviews
5. Re: TTF Shuttle from The Pearl Pacific Harbour to Nadi Airport

Please PM me if wanting any further information. The vehicle was a Toyota Sedan.

Maleny, Australia
Level Contributor
1,379 posts
209 reviews
6. Re: TTF Shuttle from The Pearl Pacific Harbour to Nadi Airport

Toyota sedans come in all sizes, please be more specific. As to the amount of luggage needed for a three week visit, I would imagine about the same as a one week trip, clothing can surely be washed, and a few sarongs / sulus, don't take up that much space.

It sort of annoys me when someone like the OP comes to Trip Advisor forum, after 7 years of holidaying in Fiji, and their first and only posting is to blackmouth a local company. You must realise that one bad trip in 8 for a transfer situation is not bad in a country like Fiji.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
5 posts
63 reviews
7. Re: TTF Shuttle from The Pearl Pacific Harbour to Nadi Airport

Bula Kevin,

Thankyou for your remarks but clearly you have missed the point! My comments were not nessesarily about the luggage but the fact that we booked a specific vehicle for three people.

Given your remarks I will take the time to correct a few assumptions that you have made.

Firstly, This is not my 1st TripAdvisor comment, I am a senior contributer with 12,500 hits on my reviews.

Secondly, I am not 'blackmouthing' a local company, if you took the time to read the forum you will see we have been very happy with TTF in the past. This was an error on their part & could have been handled better.

Thirdly, we take a suitcase full of clothing & miscellaneous items to help out in the local villages not just a few sulus & sarongs as you so stated. My husband is a diver & fisherman so there is also sporting gear in the mix & my sister is also one of the passengers.

Anyhow, regardless of how many trips we make to Fiji we still expect to be treated with the true Fijian hospitality & respect.

And lastly Kevin people go on holidays for various reasons, in our case the holiday is more than just about ourselves as we are great supporters of the local community & school near where we stay having made many friends in the area over the years. Interacting with the local community is an integral part of why we keep returning to Fiji.

Vinaka

Nadi, Fiji
6 posts
8. Re: TTF Shuttle from The Pearl Pacific Harbour to Nadi Airport

Thank you Marie for your comments and finally clarifying the hand luggage/ fishing and diving gear. It is unfortunate that this information was not provided to TTF at time of booking. Booking request made online by you was for a private car. TTF did not receive a booking for a specific vehicle type except for a private car request. TTF moves hundreds of passengers and will not be aware of the amount of luggage each passenger is carrying on each trip. Luggage capacity varies regardless of the time visitors spend at a destination. It is the responsibility of the clients to give correct information to get the correct service and this is what was advised to you when you came back to TTF for a refund.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
5 posts
63 reviews
9. Re: TTF Shuttle from The Pearl Pacific Harbour to Nadi Airport

Thanks for your feedback at Feejee experience however, the luggage was confirmed at the office in Nadi when i arranged the pick up time at The Pearl for our return on the 19th. You can check this with the driver & the staff on the 29th May.

Anyway, it is a real shame as we loved using TTF in the past but Im afraid the after sales service has been a bit disappointing, for the sake of a small voucher or part refund for our damaged luggage the loss of ongoing business would far out weigh this.

Have a beautiful day!

Reply to: TTF Shuttle from The Pearl Pacific Harbour to Nadi Airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Pacific Harbour
More Pacific Harbour Topics