We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kerala to Goa

Which Calangute hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
manchester
Level Contributor
42 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Kerala to Goa

Can anyone tell me is it possible to get a train from Kerala to Goa and if so how long is the journey? thinking of doing it next February, a week in Kerala then a week in Goa, has anyone done it?

India
Level Contributor
1,055 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kerala to Goa

Trains to Goa from Ernakulam in Kerala

Rajadhani Express to Madgoan(Goa). (Fare 20$ to 50$)

Ernakulam Dep- 22:30. Madgaon (Goa) ARR- 10:15 Morning.( Train number-11431 weekly 3 days 12 hr journey).

Other two trains running daily are,

( Train number-12617 Mangala Lakshadeep Exp, Daily, dep-13:10, goa arr 03:10, 14 hr journey. 3$ to 25$).

( Train number-16346 Netravati Exp, Daily, dep-14:00, Goa arr 05:30, 15 hr journey. 3$ to 25$)

LIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
8,849 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kerala to Goa

Hi, we done this back in 1999 and the train journey takes about 16 hours but well well worth it.

Edited: 27 March 2012, 09:55
goa
Level Contributor
3,092 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kerala to Goa

If you are thinking of travel in Feb, I suggest you book with makemytrip some 90 days in advance of your date of travel......book 2AC its quite comfortable...If you are staying in North Goa get down at Thivim.

manchester
Level Contributor
42 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kerala to Goa

Can imagine this was a great experience, where to stay in Kerala?

lancashire
Level Contributor
1,003 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kerala to Goa

unfortunatly makemytrip wont work from the Uk you need a indian phone number to register the only site you can use is cleartrip .com but not all the trains are available to book on clear trip.

This site is a good site to plan your trip but remember leave plenty of time between any connecting trains our first train was 2.5 hours late and the return was 45 mins late

http://indiarailinfo.com

if you do find the trains you want are not available on cleartrip you can always book through a indian travel agent I have the phone number of one I trust if needed

goa
Level Contributor
3,092 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kerala to Goa

Easy answer keep your indian mobile active.

manchester
Level Contributor
42 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kerala to Goa

Is it necessary to book your train ticket so far in advance? was going to do that once in Kerala.

LIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
8,849 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Kerala to Goa

There is so much to do and see in Kerala and like you we only had a week, you have to experience a houseboat overnight on the backwaters, visit Periyar National Park and the beaches at Kovalam and Varkala etc etc etc. The place is so green and lush and I must return there one day. I would visit the Kerala forum and plan your trip.

goa
Level Contributor
3,092 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Kerala to Goa

Tickets in advance is a must for any long journey in India....trains will be booked almost as soon as the seats become available....

lancashire
Level Contributor
1,003 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Kerala to Goa

Indian tourist sims dont seem to work in the uk either

Get answers to your questions about Calangute
Recent Conversations
More Calangute Topics