We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Goa in late April/May

Guildford, United...
7 posts
Save Topic
Goa in late April/May

Hi, I have not been to Goa since 2007 and I really miss the place. I have been trying to get back over there for over a year now. I have the chance to go over in a week or so and I would like to stay for a few months. However I have this fear that I am going to be stuck in a room watching the rain pouring down. Please can someone advise me what it might be like in May, June and July?

Thankyou

Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
3,598 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Goa in late April/May

We were in Victor's restaurant a few nights ago and were talking about the monsoon. Victor said that July is by far the worst month as the rain is relentless, then it gets better after that. You should be find in May and June more or less (no guarantees with the weather) but it will be very hot and sticky.

Vagator, India
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,494 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Goa in late April/May

April and May no problem but the rains have normally started big time by June

If you want some life then Baga is the best place to be but every year there are a few place that try to keep going in the monsoons

Guildford, United...
7 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Goa in late April/May

Thanks, I have thought about moving over there permanently, so I guess it would be worth experiencing the Monsoon first!!

Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
3,598 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Goa in late April/May

There isn't really a visa to allow you to move to India permanently. If you are of Indian origin that's different of course.

Best to experience the monsoon and then do more research to see if a longer stay is for you.

Vagator, India
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,494 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Goa in late April/May

Presume you have got to come out on a scheduled flight, so you can normally change the return flight for free or a small charge, so why not do what you say come out a couple of months and go home if the rain gets to you or else wait six months for the season to start again and get the full six months out of your visa

Personally I find any country can be depressing when it is pouring down and you are stuck indoors

Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
3,598 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Goa in late April/May

Good point Welloutofit.

You could always come out around September time when it's still likely to be raining, stay for six months and you know that the weather is going to improve in that period. You can then experience both the bad and the good weather in one visit.

Guildford, United...
7 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Goa in late April/May

Thanks, still not sure what to do?

Guildford, United...
7 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Goa in late April/May

Alot of people head to the North Indian mountains in the monsoon I believe. That would be an adventure!!

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Destination Expert
for Kolkata (Calcutta), Darjeeling, India
Level Contributor
8,368 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Goa in late April/May

You could do Shimla, or Manali even in the monsoon season. Of if you are more adventurous, do a Darjeeling and Sikkim trip at the eastern end of the country. The Hills are indeed beautiful in the rains, in the month of May you will have perfect weather as the monsoon does not hit the hills until late June.

10. Re: Goa in late April/May

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2012, 09:17
Get answers to your questions about Calangute
More Calangute Topics