We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First timers wanting to be near attractions.

2 posts
First timers wanting to be near attractions.

I am looking at different hotels for me and my girlfriend to stay at in gulf shores and i was just interested in learning more about the different areas. We are not looking to spend too much on a hotel but we want to be withing walking distance to restaurants, and other attractions. Also if anyone could give me some insight to how crowded the beaches are in early May compared to mid July.

Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
8,133 posts
104 reviews
1. Re: First timers wanting to be near attractions.

Easier if you give us the 2 or 3 hotels you are considering.

This is not a walking town nor is Orange Beach. May is a great month to visit

Edited: 29 March 2017, 20:39
Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
2,494 posts
80 reviews
2. Re: First timers wanting to be near attractions.

Early May is one of the slowest times in Gulf Shores. Spring Break is over and children are back in school. This means beaches and restaurants will not be at all crowded and room rates will be low. The weather, however, is usually beautiful.

By contrast, mid-July is the middle of peak summer season and the beaches will be at their most crowded (except for the week of the 4th of July). Hotel and condo rates will be at their highest and the weather will be hot and humid.

If you want to be on the beach and close to bars and restaurants, your best option is to stay near the T in Gulf Shores (where highway 59 intersects Beach Blvd.).

2 posts
3. Re: First timers wanting to be near attractions.

Thank you so much, do you happen know anything about Beachside Resort Hotel (https://tinyurl.com/kr2jt4a) it seems to be near the area you referenced. Also, am I correct in assuming that the beaches in that are a free public beaches?

Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
8,133 posts
104 reviews
4. Re: First timers wanting to be near attractions.

All beaches are free, the issue is access. In this case access is easy, right across the street to the left of Bahama Bobs which happens to be a very good restsurant. Put google maps on sat for excellent views.

I would not rec two things...crossing the road with small children or long walks in poor light.

My other fav is Pink Pony just east of light at T...nachos on the deck

Look at reviews, never stayed there

Loxley, Alabama
Level Contributor
677 posts
4 reviews
5. Re: First timers wanting to be near attractions.

I would not recommend Beachside Resort Hotel. Check out their reviews. It has been a dump for years. It is cheaper for a reason.

Edited: 30 March 2017, 04:29
Gulf Shores, Alabama
Destination Expert
for Gulf Shores
Level Contributor
1,090 posts
8 reviews
6. Re: First timers wanting to be near attractions.

Yea, the Beachside hotel is a dump more for students who want to do the beach cheap and party

7. Re: First timers wanting to be near attractions.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 April 2018, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Gulf Shores