We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sat and Sun in Jaipur

Which Jaipur hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
40 posts
78 reviews
Save Topic
Sat and Sun in Jaipur

We want to spend next Sat and Sun in Jaipur as a weekend trip from Delhi. Would you recommend going by bus? We thought about driving, but some other blogger warned about road works (would affect the bus ride as well?). How cramped will the trains be next weekend?

Any must see in Jaipur? We stay near Bani Park.

Thanks for your help.

Barbara

agra india
Destination Expert
for Agra, Jaipur, New Delhi
Level Contributor
7,547 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sat and Sun in Jaipur

Try fortrain reservation see if you can find reservation in any one. You can look at www.cleartripa.com

Also can go by Volvo buses leaving from Bikaner house close to India gate.

deepak

Udaipur, India
Destination Expert
for Udaipur
Level Contributor
4,490 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sat and Sun in Jaipur

Hi

Train recomonded - Ajmer Shatabdi is best train for Jaipur.

Jaipur Railway station is close to banipark

a list of Must see in jaipur for me goes like -

AmberFort- JantarMantar- Hawamahal- Nahargarhfort- Albert Hall- Birla temple- Galtaji

check also:-

tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g304555-Activiti…

Happy time in Pink city

agra india
Destination Expert
for Agra, Jaipur, New Delhi
Level Contributor
7,547 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sat and Sun in Jaipur

Sorry it is www.cleartrip.com

for train information and reservation. On shatabdi look for AC Chair car option.

deepak

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Sat and Sun in Jaipur

hello dear,

i would suggest you to either go by Volvo bus or hire a car for your trip. As the trains might be full because festival season is going on....

do not worry about what people say, as roads are fine and hopefully you will not face any problem... just go on with your plan and enjoy your trip to jaipur..

you are always welcome to ask any travel related query...

Happy Journey

Pack and Go India Travels

Delhi
Level Contributor
362 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Sat and Sun in Jaipur

look for train at erail.in

driving does take time sometimes- one never knows abt traffic, thats the chance one has to take , but leave early you will be fine and also while coming bac dont walk into delhi at office hours.

Jaipur
Level Contributor
690 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sat and Sun in Jaipur

@ Pack and Go India Travels, i think its unfair to say "dont bother abt what people say". This is a forum is by the people/ for the people. Secondly I dont know if you are aware of all the construction work and the bottlenecks at the Delhi-jaipur Highway.

@ b_sievers: My frens who reached this satday from delhi took 10hrs to reach jaipur. The issue is not the roads but the construction work on the highway. You will perpetually find jams and bottlenecks at behror/ kotputli, Dharuhera and many more points. Also I just met a lot of frens who work in delhi and come fr weekends to jaipur and those leaving after 5p.m. do not face so much bottlenecks. There are people who have taken at the least 7 hrs to reach...so take a call accordingly!

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
40 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sat and Sun in Jaipur

Thank you everybody for your valuable tips. The trains were booked so we went from Bikaner House with a comfortable A/C Volvo bus. We had a lot of leg space, an individual AC we could adjust ourselves, clean toilets at the midway restaurant. It took us 7 hours on both ways - which was not too bad compared with other stories I heard before. We left at 10am and arrived at 5pm.

It's affordable and comfortable. Jaipur was worth every minute we spent there. Impressive Amber Fort, wonderful City Palace, enchanting Hawa Mahal, a walk through the Old City, a climb to a temple - we enjoyed it very much. Pink City - we will visit you again.

8. Re: Sat and Sun in Jaipur

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2012, 03:16
Get answers to your questions about Jaipur