We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best time of the day to visit City palace?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
55 posts
51 reviews
Best time of the day to visit City palace?

I have a full day reserved for city palace (and chilling out rest of the day). I have enough days for visiting other attractions, no worries. I am going to take the grand tour including everything and want to see everything at a relaxed pace. I also want to spend some time eating/drinking at the restaurant. What would be the best time in the day to visit the city palace? Starting at 9am? or after lunch (2pm? 3pm?)? It's gonna be a hot day, so how much of the time will be spent outdoors vs indoors? If I start in the afternoon, should I stay back for the night tour and see the palace lit up?

10 replies to this topic
Udaipur, India
Level Contributor
451 posts
3 reviews
1. Re: Best time of the day to visit City palace?

Hi,

We suggest to visit in morning time.

Regards,

Team TaxiWale

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
3,078 posts
2. Re: Best time of the day to visit City palace?

Hi

Batter you visit city palace afternoon because with city palace .there you can see jantar mantar with Sun light

Thanks

Ruralindiavacations

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
428 posts
17 reviews
3. Re: Best time of the day to visit City palace?

Hi, Yes you can stay back for the night tour and see the palace lit up

agra india
Destination Expert
for Agra, Jaipur, New Delhi
Level Contributor
8,433 posts
11 reviews
4. Re: Best time of the day to visit City palace?

you can go at morning as it is less crowdy at this time.

Level Contributor
3 posts
72 reviews
5. Re: Best time of the day to visit City palace?

The wheather is awesome these days...so you can plan to visit it any time of the day...avoid sunday as the market nearby will be some what closed...

Stay away from guides...no relation to the stories being shared by them..take an audio guide from ticket counter

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
787 posts
27 reviews
6. Re: Best time of the day to visit City palace?

Morning would be the best time to visit City Palace and Museum. There are many good restaurants which serve good Rajasthani food in Jaipur. You can also try having a meal at Narain Niwas Palace for authentic Rajasthani food.

Regards,

Sonia Handa

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
4,446 posts
7 reviews
7. Re: Best time of the day to visit City palace?

start at around 1 Pm, it will be the best time to visit City Palace Museum

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
55 posts
51 reviews
8. Re: Best time of the day to visit City palace?

Thanks everybody for your response. I took advantage of the cloudy weather the other day and got to city palace at 12:30. Took the grand tour including everything and it was totally worth it. This tour includes the guide. After the tour, I purchased the tickets for museum and said bye to the guide. It was 2:30pm. Then I ate mozzarella kachoris at Baradari restaurant and they were super delicious.. highly recommended! I spent a lot of time just hanging out in the palace and taking my time in the museums and the courtyards. Got out at 5:30 😃

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
180 posts
10 reviews
9. Re: Best time of the day to visit City palace?

Hi Suparna,

I want to suggest you to visit the City Palace in the morning time because in the morning there is not too many tourist, so in this way you will able to visit the everything in comfort-way. After that in the afternoon around 12:00 hrs you will leave for Chokhi Dhani for lunch, The only one of its kind Chokhi Dhani Resort in the heart of Jaipur is a 5-Star Ethnic Resort with traditional and picturesque dwellings set in a lush green landscape. It has Royal Cottages, Luxurious Suites, and Conference Halls for business meetings, Rajasthani theme multi-cuisine restaurants, outdoor barbecue, bar, disco-cum- club, spa, banquet lawns and swimming pool.

Thanks

Incredibleruralindia

6 posts
10. Re: Best time of the day to visit City palace?

Jaipur City is the most popular Historical Tourist Places to visit India. It is called Pink City because of all Jaipur City Wall are made up a Pink stone https:/…

Reply to: Best time of the day to visit City palace?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted