We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Another waitlist question!

Ingatestone, United...
Level Contributor
50 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Another waitlist question!

We (family of 3) are currently 11, 12, 13 on the WL for the Mangalore Express to Goa this Firday night (AC 3 Tier). Can anyone give me an idea whether these numbers are likely to result in us being able to get onto the tain? If not, might there be an option to obtain tourtist or other special quota tickets on the day? Any advice would be very gratefully received! TIA

Udaipur, India
Destination Expert
for Udaipur
Level Contributor
4,597 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Another waitlist question!

Hi Sue

Diwali vacation going on and lots of travellers hence couldnot say about confirmation . may someone say who travel regular on this route I wish you good luck otherwise chance are good

the option are

1. if your ticket is not booked in tourist Quota. You can try and book new Tourist Quota if it is avialble

2. tatkal Quota open on wednesday at 8 am you can be quick to book on tatkal Quota

3. Go for Higher class (AC 2 tier or AC first Class)

wish you good luck.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
1,923 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Another waitlist question!

Keep checking on Indian railway site with your PNR number to see whether your WL position is changing. If not try Tatkal Quota on Wednesday as suggeted by our Udaipur Magic friend

I wish you Best Luck and wonderful time in Goa.

Ingatestone, United...
Level Contributor
50 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Another waitlist question!

Thank you so much...we're 6 / 7 / 8 as of this morning so looking good!

4. Re: Another waitlist question!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 November 2012, 05:16