We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

e-visa queues at Delhi airport

London, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
e-visa queues at Delhi airport

Has anyone recently experienced the e-visa process on arrival at Delhi airport and what are the queues/processing times like?

I've looked for other forum topics, but the closest is from someone going to Goa - I suspect that each airport could be different?

Back ground - We are flying to Delhi next month and trying to decide whether to go with e-visa or traditional. We chose an e-visa to go to Goa in November 2015 and the queue at Goa airport was horrendous and over crowded. It took over 2 hours to get through the queue, while we watched the people with the 'normal' non electronic visas go through their queue and out in about half an hour.

My question is, has anyone experienced the e-visa process on arrival at Delhi airport and what are the queues/processing times like?

Thanks.

39 replies to this topic
London, England...
Level Contributor
330 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: e-visa queues at Delhi airport

Took my Dad 2 hours in February in Delhi Airport with e-TV

London, England...
Level Contributor
330 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: e-visa queues at Delhi airport

The price of an ordinary visa is 3* that of an eTV.

London, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: e-visa queues at Delhi airport

Thanks Jagdip S - very useful. I think we'll take the pain of a 2 hour wait over the higher cost!

6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: e-visa queues at Delhi airport

There was a report that the Indian government would be issuing a "Welcome Package" with a free sim card to people with ETV'S. Does anybody know if this has started yet?

Adam

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
418 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: e-visa queues at Delhi airport

We arrived at around 1AM on Monday into Delhi airport. We found the etv section and did our best (as proud English peoole) to find a queue to join but the immigration officer at the empty window beckoned us straight over. In total for the two of us I would say it took around 3-4 minutes to process us. No welcome package, no SIM. I picked one up at the Vodafone counter which took a similar amount of time. Also a distinct lack of queues.

Happy travels

SH

London, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: e-visa queues at Delhi airport

Thanks SH. Sounds like it just depends how busy it is when you land.

Prague, Czech...
Level Contributor
15 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: e-visa queues at Delhi airport

I've landed in India at the New Delhi Airport for the first time 10 days ago. I've found eVisa office very easily and there was only one person in the line. The whole process have taken not more than 3 minutes. I've landed at 4AM.

London, England...
Level Contributor
330 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: e-visa queues at Delhi airport

I'm not surprised that landing at 2am or 4am for the airport to be much less busy, it was a completely different experience when arriving at 10am! Anyways, lets see how it goes in Nov as landing at 10.50am. Airport queues - be it immigration, security, check-in can all vary depending on your luck.

agra india
Destination Expert
for Agra, Jaipur, New Delhi
Level Contributor
8,078 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: e-visa queues at Delhi airport

Wish you good Luck !

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,739 posts
282 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: e-visa queues at Delhi airport

The queues were very short when I went through late on the 28th October, we went through in a few minutes, you just need to follow the signs, the desks are the furthest away.

Edited: 29 October 2016, 19:15
Reply to: e-visa queues at Delhi airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted