We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it safe to go around New Dehli night time for a woman?

HoChiMinh City...
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Is it safe to go around New Dehli night time for a woman?

I am visiting New Dehli on June 28 and have 1 night free there before departing to Dharamsala the next day. Would anyone here let me know would it be safe for me to explore the night life of New Dehli on my own? The hotel I'd stay is Country Inn. Thanks.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
for Mumbai (Bombay), New Delhi, Kochi (Cochin), Chennai (Madras), India
Level Contributor
12,473 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is it safe to go around New Dehli night time for a woman?

If you mean can I go out to dinner, yes, you can, get the hotel to arrange a car and driver that they use regularly. Pick a good place for dinner, I recommend Indian Accent at The Manor for fine dining. Get a cell phone so that you can reach your driver.

If you are thinking of going clubbing, think again.

Edited: 24 June 2013, 05:30
Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
for Mumbai (Bombay), New Delhi, Kochi (Cochin), Chennai (Madras), India
Level Contributor
12,473 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is it safe to go around New Dehli night time for a woman?

If you have only 1 evening in Delhi, then you can ask the same car and driver to take you around on a driving tour through India Gate, President's House, Parliament House, etc. In that case you can have dinner somewhere near Connaught Place. Or maybe at one of the popular restaurants at Defence Colony before coming back to Country Inn at Saket.

HoChiMinh City...
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is it safe to go around New Dehli night time for a woman?

Thanks for your kind recommendation of restaurants and places to go in the evening. Is there shopping streets that safe to walk near my hotel? Any recommendation on New Dehli hand craft souvenir?

Delhi
Destination Expert
for New Delhi
Level Contributor
4,555 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is it safe to go around New Dehli night time for a woman?

There are many state govt. owned shops in Baba Kharag Singh Marg near Connaught Place. You may go at Govt. Cottage Emporium at Janpath which is also very near to Connaught Place. Please be careful about many similar name shops in nearby area.

Level Contributor
63 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Is it safe to go around New Dehli night time for a woman?

Dont worry at all its totly safe to explore night life in delhi .u can search scarf az janpath market.or at handy craft emporioms opposit revoli at conought place area.

Ashoo

HoChiMinh City...
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is it safe to go around New Dehli night time for a woman?

Thank you Hari and Ashoo. Your information is very helpful to me. I just searched that there's a City Select near my hotel. Is the exchange money counter there? Can I exchange USD vs Rupee in the evening?

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
162 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is it safe to go around New Dehli night time for a woman?

Hi,

Well as Night life is concerned its restricted to Restaurants , Pubs and Disc so I would suggest avoid going to Pubs and Disc the only thing go to some good restaurant for Dinner there are lots around the place you are staying. The shopping market usually starts closing by 8.30 pm. You can try to go to Malls there are so many good Malls you can try DLF Promonade , Ambiance Mall they are located in Vasant Kunj. Recommended to arrange Cab from your Hotel. Monument you can see Light up at India Gate and even drive to President House and the Embassy area.

HoChiMinh City...
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is it safe to go around New Dehli night time for a woman?

Thanks Rajeev1970 for your kind suggestion.

Delhi
Destination Expert
for New Delhi
Level Contributor
4,555 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Is it safe to go around New Dehli night time for a woman?

You may change your foreign currency in Hotel's cash counter. Select city walk is also good option for shopping but not for good traditional handicrafts.

10. Re: Is it safe to go around New Dehli night time for a woman?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 25 June 2013, 06:05