We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

first time India review feb 2013

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
149 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
first time India review feb 2013

I have just come back from 2 weeks in India. Organised our entire trip by e-mail through Charlottes B&B Delhi, could not of been happier of the service and advice. Very reasonable cost which included our own car and driver. if you need a great safe driver who speaks great English and is a very funny man use Sharwan Kumar (sharwan5@hotmail.com). We covered Delhi, Jaipur, Agra, Varanasi, back to Delhi and north to Amristar. This trip included using the overnight sleeper train on 2 occasions. Could not of asked for a better trip. anyone needing further info feel free to contact me.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
2,597 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: first time India review feb 2013

which trains did u use and on what sectors

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
149 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: first time India review feb 2013

Suppose to be Ist class sleeper from Agra to Varanasi, train cancelled so driver took us to another station 1 hour away to a different line and caught a later train, in a basic carriage but all went well. Next leg was Varanasi to Delhi, first class sleeper, this leg went very well in a twin cabin.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
118 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: first time India review feb 2013

We're going to India in December. Would oyu have done anything differently as far as your itinerary? We'll be in-country for 12 days.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
149 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: first time India review feb 2013

We arrived in Agra around lunch time. In hindsight we could have covered Red Fort and Taj Mahal the same day and then caught the midnight train to Varanasi. Agra is not a place to spend too much time in. We had hoped to catch the sunset and sunrise over the Taj. The sunset was nothing spectacular and sunrise was a non event due to smog. I would have rather spent the extra day in Varanasi or added another stop somewhere around the Jaipur area. If you want a good contact in India I would highly recommend Charlotte, the driver she uses is great and I would have added a couple of extra stops if I had time. Charlotte can recommend any thing you desire. If you go to Amristar to see the border closing ceremony make sure you book a tour with a Guide. The tour we booked included a driver who spoke no English, we managed to cover everything we wanted to see but could have been more enjoyable with an English speaking guide.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
17 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: first time India review feb 2013

you got guide book namely MOON in usa written by margott bigg agra jaipur delhi she has extended other trips on that book hope you will find best travel agent in that book

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
2,597 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: first time India review feb 2013

great to hear about you experience

7. Re: first time India review feb 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 July 2014, 07:19