We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Registration in IRCTC

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
175 posts
88 reviews
Save Topic
Registration in IRCTC

How do people outside India without an Indian mobile phone number register in the IRCTC website? Can anyone please share their experience or suggestion?

Thanks.

Rotherham, United...
Level Contributor
6,282 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Registration in IRCTC

I normally book trains with cleartrip online but as from February I can nolnger do so due to this registation . I think in future I'd have to use a third party ( Indian Travel Agent)to book tickets in advance. This does nothing to encourage tourism in India. Also the constant changing of perhamiters to get a Visa puts people off India. A shame really as you have such a wonderful country and the people as so friendly.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
378 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Registration in IRCTC

it can be done but you'll need patience and persistence. It is discussed in this thread: indiamike.com/india/…

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
732 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Registration in IRCTC

chak1014,

Once you have created an IRCTC account. You can write a mail to: care@irctc.co.in

1.Mentioning the User ID

2. Attach a scanned copy of your passport

requesting for your Mobile One Time Password (OTP). This will be sent to your mail ID. Using this OTP you can login and book your tickets.

You can use the Email OTP & Mobile OTP to login to ClearTrip to book train tickets.

You will have to be patient when expecting a reply from IRCTC. Might take a day or two. Alternatively you can write to ClearTrip at clear@irctc.co.in with the same details as above. You can expect a speedy reply from them.

Edited: 26 June 2012, 07:02
New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
732 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Registration in IRCTC

Use the below link of ClearTrip once you have received your OTP's.

cleartrip.com/trains/irctc/account/activate

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
2,597 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Registration in IRCTC

you can use www.Via.com

and www.makemytrip.com for these bookings

Holland
Level Contributor
3,056 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Registration in IRCTC

Same problem IRCTC registration needed.

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
175 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Registration in IRCTC

Thanks everyone.

new delhi
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Registration in IRCTC

I normally book trains with cleartrip online but as from February I can nolnger do so due to this registation . I think in future I'd have to use a third party ( Indian Travel Agent)to book tickets in advance. This does nothing to encourage tourism in India. Also the constant changing of perhamiters to get a Visa puts people off India. A shame really as you have such a wonderful country and the people as so friendly.

new delhi
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Registration in IRCTC

10. Re: Registration in IRCTC

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2013, 23:18