We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel Questions About New Delhi

JAKARTA
Level Contributor
202 posts
189 reviews
Save Topic
Travel Questions About New Delhi

Hello,

I am visiting New Delhi for the first time on business.

I will like to know is the Indira Gandhi airport a new airport? How long does it takes on average to clear immigration and customs? My flight is arriving at Terminal 3 at around 10pm in the evening.

Also, I will be taking a morning flight back so I choose to stay at a hotel near to airport, which is the Hilton Janakpuri New Delhi. However, the business client I will be visiting is located in Noida, Utta Pradesh. What will be the estimate travel time required on a Wednesday morning? Are traffic jams a problem in Delhi?

Lastly, is it safe to take taxis? Or I should get my hotel to hire a private car?

Appreciated and thanks in advance for your replies.

Regards

Ben

Udaipur, India
Destination Expert
for Udaipur
Level Contributor
4,561 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel Questions About New Delhi

30 minuts for immigration & bags at 10 pm & 30 minuts drive to your hotel.

1 hour drive to Noida

during the day i donot think it is problem with taxi you can find near your hotel and during rush hours it may take more time

You can take metro from Janakpuri but tAXI IS better to find out location of your business clients

JAKARTA
Level Contributor
202 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel Questions About New Delhi

Thanks. For traveling time to Noida around 8AM starting from my hotel, can I expect traffic jam?

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
376 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel Questions About New Delhi

Hey

Yes expect Traffic jams this is the peak traffic hour(8-11am). For Noida you will be crossing the complete extent of Delhi and it will take some time. Give it 1.30mins just to be sure. Also if you have not paid for the Hilton Janakpuri, try the Radisson Mahipalpur, this one is 5mins of the Airport. Hilton is not very close, about a 30-45mins ride.

Hope this helps

Regards

Udit Hooda

about.me/udithooda

JAKARTA
Level Contributor
202 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel Questions About New Delhi

Thanks Udit. What about the distance from Radisson to Noida? Is it about the same as from Hilton to Noida?

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
376 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel Questions About New Delhi

Hey

You are most welcome. According to google maps Radisson is closer to Noida(8kms less) also the road from Radisson to Noida is better.

Hope this helps

Udit Hooda

about.me/udithooda

JAKARTA
Level Contributor
202 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel Questions About New Delhi

Is the Radisson Mahipalpur same as Radisson Blu? ie. this one?

http://www.radissonblu.com/hotel-newdelhi

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
376 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Travel Questions About New Delhi

Hey

This is the one.

Udit Hooda

about.me/udithooda

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
67 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Travel Questions About New Delhi

From your hotel to Noida take a metro. Than from metro station take taxi. No taxi can match with metro during the day.

Delhi is safe city, you need not to be afraid of anyhing.

9. Re: Travel Questions About New Delhi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2012, 00:17