We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Domestic flight terminal transfer?

Phoenix, Arizona
1 post
Save Topic
Domestic flight terminal transfer?

Hello everyone,

I am looking to travel Jet Airways from Varanasi to Delhi then connect to Spicejet Delhi to Udaipur. Flight arrives DEL at 16:55 and Spicejet departs at 18:55. The other option is booking a multi city ticket on Indigo with one hour connection time in Delhi. First flight arrives Delhi at 12:25 and then next flight leaves at 13:25. Indigo even has a note that this booking is not a connection ticket and they wont be held accountable if we misconnect. So with that said, what option would you suggest?

Thank you for your suggestions and advice!

8 replies to this topic
New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
1,115 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Domestic flight terminal transfer?

Dear Cheri M,

As soon you claim the Baggage - Take Delhi Taxi ( Yellow Top) Book through Delhi Traffic Police Counter

cost you Around 200/-

Private Taxi Counter is also out side the Arrival hall Cost you around 350

Don't take any other option ie bus , Metro + Bus etc - as you already short of Time

No chance of connection if you take Indigo + indigo - as at the time of Baggage claim the counter is closed - more over from arrival ( domestic ) to Departure Domestic airport are in 2 different Building

However you must request tell them about your connection to Jet Air staff at the time of taking boarding Card that they should priority Tag , So you should get baggage fast .

Edited: 22 September 2017, 05:24
New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
1,115 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Domestic flight terminal transfer?

Very important

As you have not mentioned about your date of Travel - Check before taking taxi - as from Oct onward some flight will be start from new Airport ( which is on a walking distance from International airport.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
62 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Domestic flight terminal transfer?

Hi there, just realized I posted under my wife's profile. Travel date is for November 5th. Will that possibly allow a more swift transfer time?

Also, is Indigo very firm with carry on luggage weight? We are only traveling with roll aboard bags which fit easily in all Airbus aircraft but are generally on the heavier side. I'm hoping to carry on as I do on most international carriers, but find the lower cost airlines like to enforce those types of requirements.

Thanks!

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
673 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Domestic flight terminal transfer?

Hi

Nov 5 - Varanasi to Delhi and Delhi to Udaipur, A suggestive combination will be as possible

Spice Jet Varanasi to Delhi 08:20 to 10:15 @ T1

Air India Delhi to Udaipur 13:10 to 14:20 @ T3

Layover time 2:55hrs approx 3hrs.

If you haven't booked your flight yet.

Indigo Airline allows 7kg handbag with cabin and 15kg as normal luggage.

As per your suggested flight combination. You have 2hrs time and you need to collect your luggage and get T1 terminal, you can use Inter terminal shuttle bus service. Boarding gates remain open 25mins prior to departure.

You can do it. but do not take chance.

With regards

Shaan

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
1,115 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Domestic flight terminal transfer?

Reply to Post 3

Since Travel date is November - 99% chance that you have to travel through new Domestic airport which is next to T3 ( international airport) Walking distance or they may provide free bus

Muzaffarpur, India
Destination Expert
for Sikkim, Manali, New Delhi, Darjeeling, Bihar, Katra, Udaipur, Patna
Level Contributor
14,195 posts
345 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Domestic flight terminal transfer?

@Mr Ashok

The news of restarting T2 (this time for domestic) was for last 2 years but it looks that now its going to happens from 1st October.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
62 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Domestic flight terminal transfer?

Thank you all for your responses. Just out of curiosity, will the new domestic terminal in Delhi make the transfer much easier then if we were to do a connection in Mumbai? I see another option of flying Air India into Mumbai and then change terminals to an Indigo Airlines with only 1:55 minute connection time. I dont know if thats enough time to make the connection. I have read that Mumbai is a very difficult transfer airport, so if anyone has experience with both Delhi and Mumbai connections id love to hear their input.

Muzaffarpur, India
Destination Expert
for Sikkim, Manali, New Delhi, Darjeeling, Bihar, Katra, Udaipur, Patna
Level Contributor
14,195 posts
345 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Domestic flight terminal transfer?

The new domestic terminal is actually old international terminal which was closed when T3 was started.Its small walking from T3.Also we should keep in mind that at least for now,not all flights are diverting from T1,up to 30 percent,many will operate from T1,so depends where the flight is actually lannding.

What I thinkg its more complicated now,now even for domestic transfer for LCC (Go,Indigo,Spice) we may have to change terminals,T1 to T2.

Reply to: Domestic flight terminal transfer?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted