We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sole Female traveller in India - golden triangle

3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Sole Female traveller in India - golden triangle

Hi, I'm travelling alone and wanted to do the 3 day Golden Triangle on a group tour but there seems to be none available. They are offering guided tours (one driver and me) but I would like to know what others experience of this is? Have any other sole travelling woman done this and how have they found it? Thanks

37 replies to this topic
New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
1,908 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sole Female traveller in India - golden triangle

Hi Sherri M,

Welcome to forum !!! For solo group traveler you can check with Intrepid Travel & Ga-adventures, I am sure they have fixed departure available for 05 Nights / 06 Days. I am not sure your traveling dates but they operate the huge number of groups from October to March.

With Regards,

Jitender

GO MY JOURNEY

Edited: 07 September 2017, 10:39
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Sole Female traveller in India - golden triangle

Thank you, I did check these but they don't do 3 day tours which is all I have :(

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
1,908 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sole Female traveller in India - golden triangle

You have no any option therefore I recommend you to hire private car & driver services for your 03 days golden triangle and here is the suggested plan for your reference:

1. Delhi - Agra ( By Superfast Train # 12002 BHOPAL SHTBDI / Departure from Delhi station at 06:00 Hrs and Arrival Agra Cantt station at 07:57 Hrs ) after visiting Taj Mahal & Agra Fort later evening drive to Jaipur.

2. Jaipur full day

3. Jaipur - Delhi & Departure

Hope the above plans will helps you.

With regards,

Jitender

GO MY JOURNEY

Edited: 07 September 2017, 11:09
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Sole Female traveller in India - golden triangle

Hi and thank you. Would I easily pickup a driver in Agra or would I be better to book?

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
1,908 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sole Female traveller in India - golden triangle

Hi Sherri,

You will find driver easily at Agra but will recommend you to book all arrangements in advance. An approx cost for hire private car & driver services from Agra station + agra sightseeing + driver to jaipur + jaipur sightseeing & back to delhi + delhi station transfer + delhi - agra train tickets cost would be coming approx INR 11000 to 11500 inclusive of all services.

Hope that's helps you.

Regards.

Jitender

GO MY JOURNEY

Edited: 07 September 2017, 11:29
Delhi
Destination Expert
for New Delhi
Level Contributor
4,751 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sole Female traveller in India - golden triangle

Hi Sherri ,

03 days are not enough time to visit Golden Triangle Tours. At least plan for 05 days.

You may plan as below :

Day 01 Arrive Delhi

Day 02 Delhi Sight - seeing & evening drive to Agra ( Approx 04 Hours drive )

Day 03 Agra - Fatehpur Sikri - Jaipur ( Approx 06 Hours drive ) - Morning visit Agra , afternoon drive to Jaipur

Day 04 Jaipur - Sight seeing

Day 05 Jaipur - Delhi airport ( Approx 06 Hours )

It is safe to travel alone with driver but hire car & driver from reliable sources.

Train + Local transport , makes hassles to find out a new people everyday & also not enjoyable. By hiring car & driver , you would be able to see en route attractions as well as a little countryside.

Do not be worry India is a safe country to travel just have to follow a few simple rules being a female.

Hope the above will help.

Hari Mangal

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
2,460 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sole Female traveller in India - golden triangle

Hi

Golden triangle trip in 3 days can be possible. If you use fast train in between cities.

Delhi to Agra -Gatimaan Express

Agra to Jaipur - Evening Shatabdi Express

Jaipur to Delhi by morning double decker train

Day 1 - Delhi to Agra by Gatimaan express - enjoy visit to Taj and Red Fort and board evening fast train to Jaipur

Day 2 Jaipur Sightseeing

Day 3 - Jaipur to Delhi by morning train and explore Delhi

This is how you can do it by yourself.

To book train tickets, just need to create your account over IRCTC and do it by yourself.

Regards

Discovery Prime Tours

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
6,252 posts
302 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sole Female traveller in India - golden triangle

Hi Sherri M,

Welcome to the forum,

I want to reassure you that traveling solo with a driver is very very safe. I am a female traveller and I have travelled to India 7 times, 5 of those times as a solo female traveller. I have used buses and trains and car & drivers! My preferred way of travelling is definitely car & driver. It is affordable in India because of the low cost of labour) but worth it because you are in complete control of when you are coming and going and you do not have to arrange for local transport when you get to each new city. You can just sit back and relax. You also can stop along the way to see many important things along the way, such as temples and forts and villages. You always have some place to leave your bags. My drivers have always become good friends to me too. Indian based tour operators can book everything for you, the car and driver, hotels, guides And the AC is always on! Drivers always know good places to stop and eat and are a wealth of information. The key is finding a reputable tour operator, which luckily I have done.

So definitely, if you cannot find a group tour that meets your needs, design one yourself! The best thing about it is that you can stay as long as YOU want at any place, not when the group leader decides! :)

Good Luck and if you have any more questions, let me know!

VALENCIA
Level Contributor
119 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sole Female traveller in India - golden triangle

Hello, I am Spanish and I have traveled to India once with friends and now, on the 14th of September I return, this time alone. Taking into account that you have a short time you can get more out of the car with a driver than in public transport. Having this service allows stops in curious and not so visited places, you can be the only tourist !. On my trip alone I had the help of a local agency that knows the times and allows to have everything organized in advance so as not to waste time. On my previous trip I was in love with India, about the people I met. Our driver was prudent and polite, we were able to have an excellent relationship. Visiting India is magical and remains in the memory forever. Good trip.

If you need anything I am at your disposal.

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
678 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sole Female traveller in India - golden triangle

H

India is completely safe and secure for solo women to travel.

You need to do little research over TripAdvisor to find reliable and trustworthy agencies.

You can search over TA to find agencies under Delhi and Jaipur section.

Contact with multiple agencies ask for references and get your deal done.

With regards

Shaan

Reply to: Sole Female traveller in India - golden triangle
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted