We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family outing trips

Level Contributor
8 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Family outing trips

Im travelling with 2 young children. We are staying New Delhi for 5 days, 2 half days in New Delhi touring. I'm looking for a recommendation on whether it's suitable to travel from New Delhi to Haridwar, New Delhi to Agra, New Delhi to Jaipur full 3 days. We were considering overnight stay but need to know if it's worth staying overnight on each destination? Or its ok to travel back to New Delhi back and forth?

13 replies to this topic
Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
6,252 posts
302 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Family outing trips

Hello neetnayish,

The only day trip I would recommend is Agra. For Jaipur and Hardiwar, I would highly recommend overnight stays, as Jaipur is a longer drive and there are many more things to see and visit there. You need at least one FULL day in Jaipur to see the sites. Hardiwar is also the same. The distance is farther and it cannot be done as a day trip.

Enjoy your visit.

Bhavnagar, India
Level Contributor
82 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Family outing trips

It will be very hard as you are with children. I suggest to cover 2 cities in 3 days.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
1,910 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Family outing trips

HI neetnayish,

Welcome to forum !!! If you are looking to 03 full days trip so we will suggest you below plan:

1. Delhi - Agra ( By Train ETD 0810 ETA 0950 ) After Agra sightseeing drive to Jaipur it's about 5 hrs drive.

2. Jaipur

3. Jaipur - Delhi ( Evening superfast train available ) or optionally private car & driver it's about 5 hrs drive.

Regards,

Jitender

GO MY JOURNEY

Level Contributor
8 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Family outing trips

Thank you for your reply. I thought so too. I wasn't sure if it will be enough time to go and visit a lot of places.

Edited: 05 September 2017, 17:11
Level Contributor
8 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Family outing trips

Hiya... The train option isn't ideal especially with young children. It's much safer to go by car.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
422 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Family outing trips

Hi Neetyanish,

I believe night stay at each destination must be an option. The tour that you are planning must not be a hustle bustle.

After a busy travelling day, your younger kids would love to sleep comfortably in a hotel room rather than sidebridging in a car.

Even I have two younger kids, so I know how the things are. It's better to keep it simple and easy while you travel.

Regards,

Sonia Handa.

Edited: 05 September 2017, 18:11
New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
310 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Family outing trips

Hi I would suggest you to plan as per following itinerary for convenient trio

Day 1

Cover Delhi till 6 pm ( site seeing )

Qutub Minar

Lotus temple

India Gate

President house

Red Fort

Akshardham

Drive to Haridwar ( approx 6 hour drive )

Night stay at Haridwar

Day 2

Start your day with morning Arti at Har ki Paudi

Also you may cover Mansa Devi via Rope Way

Hrishikesh

Drive back to Delhi

Night stay at Delhi

Day 3

Drive to Jaipur

Half day site seeing

Night stay at Jaipur

Day 4

Half day site seeing

Drive to Agra ( cover Fatehpur Our sikri on TN the way to Agra )

Night stay at Agra

Day 5

Sun rise at Taj Mehal

Later cover Red Fort

Drive back to Delhi via Mathura ( bankey Bihari Temple )

Night stay at Delhi or catch your train/flight

It will be better if you could visit Haridwar some other time ...to get more time to cover Golden Triangle

Edited: 06 September 2017, 05:25
Level Contributor
8 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Family outing trips

That sound great but if we going to stay each night at different hotels I would be hauling too many suitcases as we returning back to our country via new delhi international flight. I am considering to stay 1 night at any of the destination then do the drive back and forth. Possible do a 2 destinations. We can always come back and complete the golden triangle when kids are older.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
310 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Family outing trips

If you keep your suit case with you , it will give you comfort to mold your plan any time also it is very hard to cover all destination on same day ...you always can keep you suitcase on the roof of cab ( carrier )

Only Agra can be done in same day

Also I would suggest you to avoid late night journey.

And if you are keen to visit Haridwar than you may like stay at camp in Hrishikesh ( different experience very soothing) choose any camp near Ganga's Tributary

Edited: 06 September 2017, 09:46
Level Contributor
8 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Family outing trips

I was thinking that we can do a Hadiwar overnight and a day trip to Agra. I have 1 more day left. What do you recommend for us? A day trip outside New Delhi.

Edited: 06 September 2017, 09:59
Reply to: Family outing trips
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted