We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Golden Triangle in 4 days

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
6 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Golden Triangle in 4 days

I am traveling to India in November for a wedding and have 4 days for sightseeing beforehand. We arrive in New Delhi Thursday night and must be back in New Delhi by the following Tuesday morning. Can anyone suggest must-see destinations along the Golden Triangle and how much time to spend in each city? Also, given our limited time is it worth taking the train between cities or is it best to rent a car with driver?

Thanks so much for any help!

10 replies to this topic
Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
6,255 posts
303 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Golden Triangle in 4 days

Hello Denise, Welcome to the forum,

What a great idea to add on a little side trip! What I would suggest is hiring a car and driver. It will give you much more flexibility and freedom than taking the train and having to arrive at the train station and look for transport in each city. I would make arrangements with a tour operator to hire the driver and book the hotels in advance of arrival, so you are ready to go!

Normally, the Golden Triangle is done with Agra first and then Jaipur, but since the Taj Mahal is closed Fridays, I would recommend that Friday morning you leave with your driver and head to Jaipur. Spend Friday and Saturday touring and Sunday morning start heading toward Agra, stopping at Fatehpur Sikri & Abhaneri Stepwell. Then once you get to Agra, visit Agra Fort and at sunset go to Methab Bagh across the river from the Taj Mahal. Monday morning head to the Taj Mahal for sunrise. Then back to your hotel for breakfast and then slowly make your way back to Delhi.

I hope that helps! If you really want to you could spend an extra day in Jaipur and then head to Agra and arrive back in Delhi on Tuesday morning, but I was not sure how the time constraints you had....Jaipur has a lot to offer and you could definitely spend 3 days there!

I hope that helps.

Safe travels.

2. Re: Golden Triangle in 4 days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 29 August 2017, 02:35

New Delhi
Level Contributor
3,908 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Golden Triangle in 4 days

Hi, yes, you have enough time to cover golden triangle in this period.. cover the GT is best by car with reliable driver services. You can done as 1night in agra, 2in jaipur with fatehpur sikri and abhaneri step well. Delhi requirement is one full day for old and new delhi. So enjoy your trip with culture and colors and food.

Cheers

Agra
Destination Expert
for Agra
Level Contributor
5,234 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Golden Triangle in 4 days

Welcome to TripAdvisor,

It is a good idea to do the GT tour...though is going to be quick but doable.

You can leave Delhi on Friday.... drive or train to Agra..overnight in Agra..there are few sites/monuments other than Taj Mahal..they can be visited..Agra Fort,Baby Taj and Mehtabh Bagh.

On Saturday visit Taj at sunrise which is very popular time to see it..later on drive to Jaipur enroute Fatehpur Sikri..overnight in Jaipur..

On Sunday..visit Jaipur

On Monday..drive from Jaipur to Delhi..o/n in Delhi

On Tuesday--Delhi

Regards

Rashid Agra

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
1,910 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Golden Triangle in 4 days

Hi Denise W,

Welcome to forum !!!

Yes you have sufficent time to do Delhi - Agra & Jaipur trip in 4 days and here is below my recommendation of itinerary for your reference:

Friday : Delhi - Agra and visit Agra Fort. Evening Sunset Taj Mahal from mehtab bagh ( out side of the river )

Saturday : Sunrise Taj Mahal and driver to Jaipur. En-rouet visit Fatehpur Sikri & Abhaneri step well

Sunday : Jaipur

Monday : Jaipur - Delhi Via Neemrana Fort

Tuesday : Delhi & Departure

Hope the above will helps you.

With Regards,

Jitender

GO MY JOURNEY

Edited: 29 August 2017, 04:23
New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
310 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Golden Triangle in 4 days

4 days are good to explore Golden triangle ....i would suggest you to start your site seeing with Jaipur city as you express in your post you have to get back to delhi by Tuesday so its better to end your site seeing delhi ( by keeping it in last )

One and half day for Jaipur , 2nd night stay Agra ( so that you can visit Taj At sur rise ) in evening visit Taj Again if you wish to ( on sun set ) and than drive back to Delhi Day 3 Night at Delhi , Day 4 Explore delhi

I will never suggest any one for Train route for tight itinerary as it will be hectic so best and comfortable is to hire a car.

Be cautious. make sure you take 3 quote before making any booking in order to be sure that you got the best deal. Also check their reviews ( bad reviews only how often they are )

Enjoy your trip l

cheers

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
428 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Golden Triangle in 4 days

Hi Denise,

WELCOME TO THE FORUM!

Wow! weddings are such lavish occasions in India, and that too accompanied by a multi-city sightseeing tour will make your tour more dramatic and cherishing. And now, coming to your point of "Golden Triangle", four days are fair enough for the same.

As you said, you are arriving Delhi on Thursday night. Start your tour, right from Friday by driving to Jaipur. Spend a full day sightseeing over there alongwith the nightstay too.

Next day on (Saturday), proceed for the sightseeing of Jaipur, and then followed by a visit to Fatehpur Sikri, reach enroute Agra and spend a night in Agra.

Sunday: Visit Taj Mahal at early sunrise, and full sightseeing in Agra, followed by a drive to Delhi at evening, and spend night in Delhi.

Monday: You can do Delhi sightseeing today, and there you are with a happily ended Golden Triangle Tour.

Regards,

Sonia Handa

8. Re: Golden Triangle in 4 days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2017, 12:01

Agra, India
Level Contributor
800 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Golden Triangle in 4 days

Hi,

you can cover Golden triangle in 4 days . it is always good to book driver and guide in advance, you can find many travel companies listed on Google.

my advise is

Delhi : one day

Agra : one day

Jaipur : two days

drive back to Delhi

agra india
Destination Expert
for Agra, Jaipur, New Delhi
Level Contributor
8,058 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Golden Triangle in 4 days

As the wedding is in Delhi. You can plan your Delhi tour at the end. Start your tour from Delhi to Agra on Friday. Visit agra Fort, Itmad-ud-daula (Mini Taj) and Mehtab bagh from where you get good view of taj at sunset.

Saturday Morning visit Taj mahal and drive to Jaipur.

On Sunday full day Jaipur city tour and elephant ride if interested.

Monday drive / train to Delhi. afternoon Delhi tour and get ready for wedding on Tuesday.

Hope you will enjoy the tour and Indian wedding.

deepak

Reply to: Golden Triangle in 4 days
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted