We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just Back Trip Report

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
113 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Just Back Trip Report

Hello all,

We just came back from another amazing time in India!! We arrived March 5th at 3:30am and we were picked up at the airport from our wonderful driver Rakesh. We used Rakesh the same time last year. We walked out of the airport and was greeted with a huge smile.

On our way to the hotel we stopped for chai at a road side chai walla. Welcome back to India!!

Rakesh picked us up the next day and we went for a rickshaw through old Delhi and then spent the rest of the day visiting the usual monuments forts and temples.

Next day off to the Taj Mahal with Rakesh. My husband and I saw the Taj last year but this time we brought the kids. Fabulous day. We stopped at roadside restaurants for Chai and lunch and while we were busy Rakesh stopped and bought us fresh fruit.

Next day we went to get henna at a local market and spent a few hours walking through. Then off to Old Delhi to spend the rest of the day. One of my favorite places is Old Delhi. You could spend hours there watching the busy traffic, eating amazing food, winding through the busy streets and looking through all the shops.

Last morning Rakesh picked us up and took us to the train station. He organized and bought our train tickets in advance. I was worried about getting on the right car and being on the right platform so Rakesh came in with us and made sure we got on the right train!

We loved every minute of Delhi!!!

If anyone has any questions about our trip please ask. And if anyone needs a driver please pm me and I will give Rakeshes contact information. I promise you will be impressed with his services.

Cheers

22 replies to this topic
Brisbane, Australia
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just Back Trip Report

Thank you for the update. Our family will be travelling to India in December. Can you please give us Rakesh's Phone number or email. We need a good driver and guide. I will then contact him.

Regards

Dhiraj Raniga

Brisbane

Australia.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
113 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just Back Trip Report

Hi Dhiraj Raniga

I sent you a private message. I hope you have an amazing time in India!

Delhi
Destination Expert
for New Delhi
Level Contributor
4,748 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just Back Trip Report

Hi Dhiraj ji,

There are many tour operators & drivers are recommended in the forum. The best at least contact to 02 -03 agents to compare price as well as planning.

Hari

West Yorks, UK
Level Contributor
1,434 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just Back Trip Report

@Dhiraj. By all means get Rakesh's info, but do as Hari suggests above - get 2-3 quotes from other tour operators too, you'll find a list of Delhi Tour operators here in this link below, read some reviews too:

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attractions-g3…

All the best

Spud

2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Just Back Trip Report

Hi. I appreciate your report and am happy that you (once again) had a great time in Delhi. I am plannig to visit next month. I am wondering if you could kindly share Rakesh's contact information. Thank you so much in advance!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
113 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just Back Trip Report

Hi Monica

It is rakesh.yadavtour@gmail.com I can promise you great service and a lovely person to be with.

Cheers

Have fun in India!

7. Re: Just Back Trip Report

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2017, 14:40

england
Level Contributor
285 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Just Back Trip Report

Hi - why mention Rakesh's name 7 times in a short trip report - a bit excessive?

Edited: 27 March 2017, 07:38
New Delhi
Level Contributor
3,907 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Just Back Trip Report

Dear Heather, Thanks for your sport and review, also thanks to all who is comments on this forum but working in AC rooms as a writer and review,and working as physically with the following itinerary and guests is totally different. But we try our best to anyone who can trust on real and Genuine services. Best regards to all on this TA posts.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,287 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Just Back Trip Report

hashcroft7,

Thanks for sharing your good experience in India with Rakesh. I don't know him personally but I've read many of his helpful posts on TA. Make sure to write a review for him so he has TWO reviews lol.

It's a good thing that you have previous posts on many different TA travel forums. Otherwise people would suspect that you were a fake poster. From your other posts, it's obvious to me that you are a real traveler. Sad that TA is so plagued by touters that we tend to be suspicious and unnecessarily critical of others.

I've just returned from a wonderful first visit and will be writing a lengthy trip report and many reviews. I will probably mention my tour operator more than 7 times. Fortunately I've been on TA long enough to realize that you cannot please everyone. Some will say your report is too short, others will complain that it's too long, still others may comment that there was too much discussion of food, art, architecture, traffic, the hotel room, the customer service etc. 🤣

Meanwhile, on less popular forums like TA Agra, first-time posters can write about their trip and mention their tour guide without being scrutinized. That's TA irony for you.

https://www.tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g297683…

Reply to: Just Back Trip Report
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted