We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Feedback Requested on Country Club Babylon Kandy

Bengaluru, India
11 posts
Feedback Requested on Country Club Babylon Kandy

Can some one send me feedback on Country Club Babylon Resort in Kandy.

Thank you

Chennai (Madras...
Level Contributor
1 post
23 reviews
1. Re: Feedback Requested on Country Club Babylon Kandy

I visited the resort back in Oct 2011 and the property as such requires a lot of upkeep. However the property is located in an isolated place with great views. For all practical purpose the Swimming pool was not in use. However the rooms were well maintained and we had excellent food. Food at Srilanka as such is bad, especially if you are a Vegetarian. But the cook at Country Club was very good and we had great good on all the days we stayed there. Infact we used to pack food for lunch.

If you are looking for a place where you want to just relax and enjoy nature, this should suit you. Pls note that this place is atleast 15 kms from Kandy town.

Sam

Bengaluru, India
11 posts
2. Re: Feedback Requested on Country Club Babylon Kandy

Thank you very much Sam. I appreciate the feedback.

Hubli-Dharwad, India
4 posts
3. Re: Feedback Requested on Country Club Babylon Kandy

Dear sir

What was the room rent and whom do we have to contact for bookings?

Bengaluru, India
11 posts
4. Re: Feedback Requested on Country Club Babylon Kandy

You can contact your local CC office to do the booking or the Hyderabad main office. I am not sure about the rent as we were members

Mumbai, India
1 post
5. Re: Feedback Requested on Country Club Babylon Kandy

Did you visit the CC Kandy i'm planning for Feb 13.

1) Is that a right time to visit?

2) how to reach Kandy?

3) what's the process of Visa?

Thanks in Advance.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
62,460 posts
226 reviews
6. Re: Feedback Requested on Country Club Babylon Kandy

Well simply on your questions:

1) Yes it's great dry and sunny weather in Kandy then, normally; with the odd disturbing day when easterly winds blow in bringing in some east monsoon showers. Nights are a bit cooler than in summer.

2) 3 hours by bus or 2.5 hours by car direct from airport, or a bit more if you want to take the (very scenic) train ride.

3) See

http://www.eta.gov.lk/slvisa/

10 USD for Indians over the Internet of 15 USD cash plus an extra queue if you want until arriving.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Mumbai, India
1 post
7. Re: Feedback Requested on Country Club Babylon Kandy

My wife and myself stayed in this resort for 5 nights recently. The room provided to us was quite spacious and clean and the washroom too well maintenaed with a tub bath. The property is a bungalow acquired from a Dutch owner. There are abou 6 rooms and they are planning to add some rooms and a Spa to it. A team from Mysore did vist the place for a primary assessment of the Spa work. The gardden has an amazing collection of trees.

The swimming pool is small but nice. Since it was just in front of our room, we could see a man cleaning it by removing the leaves fallen fron surrounding trees.

The resort manager Mr. Narendra was very very helpful and so were all the staff members. He arranged

auto rickshwa with a courteou driver whenever we needed. So we were never inconvinienced though we had no vehicle at disposal.

Food was also good and they always tried to give us whatever we wanted and the way we wanted it. The cost of food was also reasonable.

Basically, this resort is situated in a bit remote hilly place some 12 kms from Kandy. So we would advise visitors to hire a vehicle while visiting the resort.

We look forward to visit the place again after it is refurbished with more amenities.

Abu Dhabi, United...
1 post
8. Re: Feedback Requested on Country Club Babylon Kandy

Lot of bogus facts loaded in their site http://www.mclubholidays.com. They talk about 25 challets... luxury phooooh... a big lie!

It's just a normal house with a bit of services. Pool is not useable. Not worth paying a visit. I don't know on what standard they say it's a luxurious place.

My friend who visited a Country club properties in India told me that it was too crap!

9. Re: Feedback Requested on Country Club Babylon Kandy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 April 2014, 05:17