We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Sacred Buddha Tooth in Kandy

Los Angeles...
6 posts
The Sacred Buddha Tooth in Kandy

Hello Everyone,

Has anyone ever seen the sacred Buddha tooth in person or are there any photos available? I've always been fascinated by this priceless relic and would love to know.

Thank you in advance for answering my question.

Darin

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
216 posts
17 reviews
1. Re: The Sacred Buddha Tooth in Kandy

Hi,

this link shows an image of the scared tooth of Buddha

imagesofasia.com/html/…tooth-relic.html

I have not seen it in person as i think it is locked away from public view. (or it used to be during past troubles in Sri lanka)

Here is an interesting article about the tooth

lakdiva.org/moa/umich/1873_kandy_tooth.html

Jim

London, United...
Level Contributor
899 posts
225 reviews
2. Re: The Sacred Buddha Tooth in Kandy

There is a exposition of the sacred tooth relic every few years - can't remember if it is every four or every seven - and there was one whilst I was living in Kandy. Attempted to go and see it myself but the queues stretched almost all the way round the lake and so I decided not to. However, did speak to someone who did see it who said it looked quite canine rather than human. So, perhaps better to maintain the mystery.

David.

Los Angeles...
6 posts
3. Re: The Sacred Buddha Tooth in Kandy

Thank you for all of the great information. I really appreciate it.

4. Re: The Sacred Buddha Tooth in Kandy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2012, 03:16