We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kandy tonight - suggestions please

Birmingham, United...
4 posts
Kandy tonight - suggestions please

Hi there

We are in Kandy at the moment, completely missing the fact it’s the last night of the festival! We don’t really want to battle the crowds, so I was just wondering what else we could do (last night we watched from the other side of the lake, so already done that). Ideally I would like to watch the premier league football, but the bars that normally show it seem to be closed. Are they any hotels that might have a bar where you could watch that we could get to? Or any other suggestions of what we might do? Don’t want to waste our time here, but it’s just so busy!

Thanks!

9 replies to this topic
Kandy, Sri Lanka
9 posts
1. Re: Kandy tonight - suggestions please

Because of the perahera and the poya day all the liquor stores are closed. So you have to move to a place to watch football matches. There are few good places to have dinner while watching the match near the kandy city centre.

Kandy, Sri Lanka
9 posts
2. Re: Kandy tonight - suggestions please

Because of the perahera and the poya day all the liquor stores are closed. So you have to move to a place to watch football matches. There are few good places to have dinner while watching the match near the kandy city centre.

Birmingham, United...
4 posts
3. Re: Kandy tonight - suggestions please

Thanks, yes happy to move a bit away from the city centre. Any suggestions about where to go? Thank you!

I was wondering about the bar at the Cinnamon Hotel?

Edited: 25 August 2018, 12:25
Kandy, Sri Lanka
9 posts
4. Re: Kandy tonight - suggestions please

No. Today is a public holiday in sri Lanka because of poya. Poya means that is religious thing. So all the liquor stores should closed.

That is the rule.

Birmingham, United...
4 posts
5. Re: Kandy tonight - suggestions please

Thanks. Any suggestions of places which would be open?

Kandy, Sri Lanka
9 posts
6. Re: Kandy tonight - suggestions please

Which kind of place you would expect

Birmingham, United...
4 posts
7. Re: Kandy tonight - suggestions please

somewhere away from the crowds for dinner maybe. If they had a tv with sports that would be great, but I imagine unlikely if all the bars are closed.

Kandy, Sri Lanka
9 posts
8. Re: Kandy tonight - suggestions please

yes there is a good place in front of the botanical garden peradeniya. (Royal Resthouse) that is a good place. it has good foods. there is another place called Royal Mall @ mulgampola. both the places are good.

Kandy, Sri Lanka
7 posts
9. Re: Kandy tonight - suggestions please

Villa Begonia

9.3 booking.com

Reply to: Kandy tonight - suggestions please
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted