We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking excursions from Budva\Becici

Alloa
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Booking excursions from Budva\Becici

Hi, we're staying in Becici the first 2 weeks in July and looking to book a few excursions before we go. Can anyone recommend a good company to contact to book these? I see that Globtours seem to be the easiest to find on the web and we were looking to book with them but found another forum topic that gave them less than great reviews. Are they a good option or should we be looking elsewhere? We were looking at trips to Lipa Cave, Albania, Skadar Lake, Lovcen Mausoleum, Heart of Montenegro and South of Montenegro. Any info would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Mentioned in this post
Becici
Becici
Budva Municipality, Montenegro
Lipa Cave
Lipa Cave
271 Reviews
Cetinje, Montenegro
Albania
Albania
Europe
Montenegro Full-Day Trip from...
747 Reviews
US$58 per adult
Free Cancellation
Montenegro Day Trip from Dubrovnik
449 Reviews
US$62 per adult
Free Cancellation
Montenegro Full Day Tour from Kotor
108 Reviews
US$68 per adult
Free Cancellation
Los Angeles
Level Contributor
19,063 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booking excursions from Budva\Becici

You do not need to book in advance.. Although this year looks to be busy, tours never sell out (they just add another bus) and there are plenty tour companies offering,well, tours,lol along the promenade in Budva or Becici

I would skip Albania and do the Tara River Valley, including River Rafting at the second biggest canyon on earth(and cleanest river)

Mentioned in this post
Budva
Budva
Becici
Becici
Albania
Albania
Europe
Alloa
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Booking excursions from Budva\Becici

Cheers. We might just leave it until we get there if there are plenty of choices. We did that in Croatia a few years ago although the last 2 years holidays we've pre booked tours with no problems. I guess it depends on who you book with. Saw the river rafting online and it looked good but we have our 7 year old daughter with us and she tends to get a bit sick on boats - not quite sure what she'd make of river rafting. Never been to Montenegro before so any other info would be very helpfull. Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Los Angeles
Level Contributor
19,063 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Booking excursions from Budva\Becici

Montenegro is a beautiful country and people very friendly. Becici would not have been my first choice, but the beach is beautiful and plenty of restaurants along the way. Becici just gets quiet at night as people go to the old town of Budva.

The little shuttle bus that runs between Budva and Sveti Stefan has several stops in Becici, just ask at your hotel where the closest stop is. The bus runs every 10 minutes until 3 am and cost I think is 50 cents(could be 1€) Of course you can take a taxi, but with good bus service, why bother.

A good half day trip is taking the same bus the opposite direction to Sveti Stefan, it only takes 15 min to get there. Just walk down to the beach, which you can use for free on one side, cost €75 on the other, yikes. There is a nice restaurant on the beach with good food, maybe have lunch there. Although you can not enter Sveti Stefan unless you have a reservation(that is very expensive), the area is stunning and you can walk thru the Pine Forest to Milocer Beach(10 min walk). It is beautiful and so worth a trip

As for tours, you will find plenty of companies along the promenades with posters outside advertising tours and prices. I never pre booked, I do not think it is needed.

Another fun trip is taling a boat to Hawaii Island, the island in front of Budva. Roundtrip is €3 and it only takes a couple of minutes, I am sure your 7 year will be fine. There are boats going regular(mostly every 30 minutes) from Becici or the Budva Promenade. Hawaii has two beaches, a bar and a restaurant. It makes for a nice day. And it it is cheap, I think two chairs and a umbrella were €5 last year.

Make sue to visit Mogren 1 and 2 which are walking distance from the old town, just pass the Avala Hotel, you go thru a cave to Mogren 2 which has a nice beach restaurant for lunc

I probably could write a lot more,lol. If you have specific questions, just ask. Either I or some local expert can sure answer those

Mentioned in this post
Becici
Becici
Budva
Budva
Sveti Stefan
Sveti Stefan
Mogren Beach
Mogren Beach
749 Reviews
Budva, Montenegro
Avala Resort & Villas
Avala Resort & Villas
896 Reviews
Budva, Montenegro
Alloa
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Booking excursions from Budva\Becici

Thanks, that's all really helpful. One other thing we are looking to do is spend a day in Kotor. Is this quite easy to get to using public transport?

We will probably spend time walking along the promenade both to Budva Old Town and out the other direction towards Rafailovići. Handy to know that there is a little bus service that goes the same way. Is there anything we should specifically lookout for when walking?

Will definitely try your suggestions for the island, Sveti Stefan and Budva.

Any other destinations that can be easily reached by public transport that you would recommend?

Mentioned in this post
Kotor
Kotor
Kotor Municipality, Montenegro
Budva
Budva
Old Town
Old Town
14,605 Reviews
Dubrovnik, Croatia
Sveti Stefan
Sveti Stefan
Los Angeles
Level Contributor
19,063 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Booking excursions from Budva\Becici

The promenade is rather tacky with restaurants, bars and nightclubs. But I like tacky,lol.There is nothing specific to recommend as it a typical touristy mile. I like Torch Beachclub as they have behind the beach a nice restaurant with a pool.

I would just take a taxi to Kotor, the price should be €15(always negotiate with the driver before). There are taxis with prices to certain places on there roof advertising. It is only a 25 min ride from Budva. Public Transportation is rather good, but from Becici you have to get to the main busstation in Budva and from there a bus to Kotor, might as well just take a taxi.

Another fun thing to do would be to hire a fisherboat by the Harbor, there are plenty that offer trips in the area that you can hire on the spot(kinda like a water taxi) Calipso Beach is a 10 min boatride and you will have that beach mostly to yourself as it is only reached by boat. That is a very good restaurant, so some boats will come for lunch, but otherwise it is your beach. Just be aware that the last 5/10 meters you have to swim to the beach as there is no pier. But it my favorite place and food so good

Mentioned in this post
Kotor
Kotor
Kotor Municipality, Montenegro
Budva
Budva
Becici
Becici
Scotland Island...
Level Contributor
10 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Booking excursions from Budva\Becici

Hi,I agree with Alex90028 about Budva Riviera and bus tour companies, but if you decide to do a private tour than I can recommended www.monttravelers.com The company is highly recommended on Trip Advisor too.

Enjoy your travel!

Mentioned in this post
Budva
Budva
Level Contributor
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Booking excursions from Budva\Becici

Hi,

I am planning to go to Becici, Budva for 7days, please can anyone tell me where can i visit and see most of Montenegro in 7 days, I have booked apartment there so can not spend night at any other location, is it possible for us to have each day excursion in other cities, and is it possible to hire motor bike or public transport?

Thank you

Mentioned in this post
Becici
Becici
Los Angeles
Level Contributor
19,063 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Booking excursions from Budva\Becici

There is a little shuttle bus driving via Becici to Budva and Sveti Stefan, so that is easy and no need to book ahead. The bus runs every 10 min/20min at night until 3 am. Cost is €1 to €1.50, depending on the distance. Cash only.

Kotor you can do by Taxi, from Budva it is €15, from Becici probably €20. For other daytime tours, just check the many tour companies you can find along the promenade in Budva. Plenty of options

Mentioned in this post
Becici
Becici
Budva
Budva
Sveti Stefan
Sveti Stefan
Alloa
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Booking excursions from Budva\Becici

Cheers for all the replies. That gives us plenty to go on. I'm sure we will enjoy it very much.

10 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Booking excursions from Budva\Becici

Firstly, it will be a very enjoyable holiday. Sun, sea, entertainment. There are many beautiful places you can see here. If you visit www.kotorshoreexcursions.com you will find a lot of information. Detailed tour programs are also available. Have a good holidays ...

Get answers to your questions about Budva