We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lima - Nazca - Nazca Flight - Cusco

Which Nazca hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
60 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Lima - Nazca - Nazca Flight - Cusco

Is it possible to take a bus from Lima to Nazca in the morning, to then take a flight over the Nazca lines and then catch the bus onwards to Cuzco that evening?

Does anyone know of an organised trip that maybe does this?

I've check the cruz del sur website and see there is a bus leaving Lima at 07:00 arriving at 14:30. I guess that should be ok to allow time to take a flight?

However on their site it gives no schedule when I put in Nazca to Cuzco. Is there a bus?

Thanks

Ica, Peru
Level Contributor
920 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lima - Nazca - Nazca Flight - Cusco

Right now we are in the low season, you do not want to arrive in Nazca at 2:30 PM because there is a very good chance you will NOT be able to fly over the Nazca Lines.

I would look for an earlier time, I think CruzDelSur has a 3:45 AM bus which will get you into Nazca at a good time.

As for continuing on to Cusco, yes, you can definitely do this. Bus companies that go to Cusco from Nazca include CDS, CIAL, CIVA, and Palomino.

Colorado
Level Contributor
237 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lima - Nazca - Nazca Flight - Cusco

Peru is cool...

Can you elaborate why it would be difficult to fly over the lines if one takes an early bus and arrives in the afternoon. Is it because of weather, fewer flights each day, morning only flights, not enough afternoon tourists?

thank you,

Charlotte

Ica, Peru
Level Contributor
920 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lima - Nazca - Nazca Flight - Cusco

Most or all of the planes flying out of nazca at the moment are 4 passenger (or more) planes. Which means if you are just one or two people, they will wait for more passengers to arrive in order to fill up the planet. If noone else arrives, you would be unable to fly.

During the high season, there is a steady flow of tourists. During the low season, this may be a real problem after 1:30 PM or so.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
60 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lima - Nazca - Nazca Flight - Cusco

Thanks PeruIsCool, I probably should add some more information, this trip is happening in early May, so with that information do you think there would be more people looking for flights in the afternoon? Also I would be travelling alone so would this impact my chances of being able to fill a plane?

5. Re: Lima - Nazca - Nazca Flight - Cusco

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 December 2012, 10:17