We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Breakfast for one but room for two??

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
267 posts
3 reviews
Breakfast for one but room for two??

I'm looking to book a hotel in Lagos, and noticed that many hotels offer breakfast for one even though the room is for two! I don't understand this and why the second person is not offered breakfast. Does anyone understand this odd rule? I have traveled abroad and never seen this before, so this is new for me.

Thanks.

9 replies to this topic
Geneva, Switzerland
Level Contributor
107 posts
4 reviews
1. Re: Breakfast for one but room for two??

I only stayed in a hotel in Lagos once, but that's exactly what happened

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
267 posts
3 reviews
2. Re: Breakfast for one but room for two??

I find their hotel policies odd. I have never seen breakfast for one for a hotel room booked for two. I have also been trying to negotiate hotel prices with some managers and they don't seem willing to negotiate. Some of their "best offers" are more than what is on Expedia. I don't understand. I didn't realize that it would be this difficult to book a hotel in Lagos. Some of the managers are not even responding to my emails, breakfast is for one or you have to pay almost $25-$30 per person for breakfast. It's insane not to mention the hotel prices in Lagos. It's more expensive there than for my hotel in Rome!

1 post
3. Re: Breakfast for one but room for two??

I noticed same as I have been looking for hotels in Lagos. With regards to pricing A friend suggested getting someone you know in Lagos to go to the hotel and make a reservation for you as the rate will be in naira and would be cheaper.

Lagos, Nigeria
Level Contributor
530 posts
15 reviews
4. Re: Breakfast for one but room for two??

cheaper when booked online than going to hotel

London, United...
Level Contributor
58 posts
18 reviews
5. Re: Breakfast for one but room for two??

Sorry you are getting that in Nigerian"s hotels though its quite strange.

You can do without the hotel's breakfast.

You will even get breakfast cheaper at eateries outside of the hotel.

Ibadan, Nigeria
7 posts
6. Re: Breakfast for one but room for two??

Seemingly unusual policy, but that's the norm, it's sometimes called a complimentary breakfast. You can book hotels from local websites, that way you can pay online and probably get discounts. Try hotels.ng

Level Contributor
11 posts
15 reviews
7. Re: Breakfast for one but room for two??

The hotel i booked in Lagos, Sunfit Hotel, seemed an above average hotel, that cost us an arm and a leg, with gym, indoor and outdoor pool, spa, massage, squash court etc, breakfast included, ONLY ONE!!! and we were 2 persons in a 2 people room (double). I ordered english breakfast, they brought some cold odd looking eggs, corned beef and some tomato, i think, all cold and looked like trash (only one portion). I've gone with the plate straight to the manager and complained about it, she didn't seem very bothered, anyway, she got the chef/ cook to do me another, which was slightly better, but still crappy. i ate because i was hungry (most of my time in nigeria i starved), my husband starved that morning :) when we checked out, she asked me to PAY for the included-in-the-room breakfast!!! the one that i complained about and returned. I said to her "wait a minute" and i went out the door, straight to the airport. Thieves!

Edited: 25 October 2018, 11:23
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
267 posts
3 reviews
8. Re: Breakfast for one but room for two??

It's okay. I cancelled my trip to Nigeria, so will not be going.

9. Re: Breakfast for one but room for two??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 01 November 2018, 08:54
Edited: 01 November 2018, 08:54

Reply to: Breakfast for one but room for two??
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Lagos