We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Breakfast for one but room for two??

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
265 posts
3 reviews
Breakfast for one but room for two??

I'm looking to book a hotel in Lagos, and noticed that many hotels offer breakfast for one even though the room is for two! I don't understand this and why the second person is not offered breakfast. Does anyone understand this odd rule? I have traveled abroad and never seen this before, so this is new for me.

Thanks.

6 replies to this topic
Geneva, Switzerland
Level Contributor
102 posts
4 reviews
1. Re: Breakfast for one but room for two??

I only stayed in a hotel in Lagos once, but that's exactly what happened

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
265 posts
3 reviews
2. Re: Breakfast for one but room for two??

I find their hotel policies odd. I have never seen breakfast for one for a hotel room booked for two. I have also been trying to negotiate hotel prices with some managers and they don't seem willing to negotiate. Some of their "best offers" are more than what is on Expedia. I don't understand. I didn't realize that it would be this difficult to book a hotel in Lagos. Some of the managers are not even responding to my emails, breakfast is for one or you have to pay almost $25-$30 per person for breakfast. It's insane not to mention the hotel prices in Lagos. It's more expensive there than for my hotel in Rome!

1 post
3. Re: Breakfast for one but room for two??

I noticed same as I have been looking for hotels in Lagos. With regards to pricing A friend suggested getting someone you know in Lagos to go to the hotel and make a reservation for you as the rate will be in naira and would be cheaper.

Lagos, Nigeria
Level Contributor
530 posts
15 reviews
4. Re: Breakfast for one but room for two??

cheaper when booked online than going to hotel

London, United...
Level Contributor
46 posts
18 reviews
5. Re: Breakfast for one but room for two??

Sorry you are getting that in Nigerian"s hotels though its quite strange.

You can do without the hotel's breakfast.

You will even get breakfast cheaper at eateries outside of the hotel.

2 posts
6. Re: Breakfast for one but room for two??

Seemingly unusual policy, but that's the norm, it's sometimes called a complimentary breakfast. You can book hotels from local websites, that way you can pay online and probably get discounts. Try hotels.ng

Reply to: Breakfast for one but room for two??
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted