I will be traveling to Nigeria for the first time, this Christmas and arriving in Lagos. I was going to start my visa application this weekend but there are a few things that I am unsure and confused about.
This is what is required for a tourist visa:
1. Original Passport valid for at least 6 months
2. One recent coloured passport size photograph with at least 3 months validity. I'm not sure what they need this for. Do they apply this to the visa?
3. Completed online Entry Visa Application Form and Sign
4. Confirmed Payment
5. Visa Acknowledgment Slip
6. Forward original passport, all required documents and a self-addressed return CANADA POST PRIORITY OR XPRESSPOST ENVELOPE ONLY.
7. Drop off the visa application is Tuesday to Friday between the hours of 9:00am and 1:00pm.
Can I send it by registered mail as I live 4 hours from Ottawa?
8. Photocopy of Yellow Fever vaccination certificate.
Requirements for Tourist Visa:
ITEMS 1-12 above +
a. A typed self-explanatory letter request for Tourist visa - I'm not sure what I am supposed to write here besides a request for a Tourist visa for (dates) and to visit friend.
Is there anyone who has done this and would be willing to help or share their letter?
b. Letter of Confirmation of employment from employer in Canada
c. A confirmed hotel reservation for the duration of stay in Nigeria, and copy of Hotel Employer's Identification Card - My trip is not until December 21, 2018 so I haven't booked any hotels yet. It seems too early to be doing this especially since during part of my trip, I will be traveling to another town (Enugu) to visit another friend. What do I do? And why do I need to get a copy of an employer's identification care from the hotel?
d. Evidence of sufficient funds: Photocopy of Receipts for the purchase of U.S. funds from the bank considered adequate to cover the cost of the trip and not Statement of Account.
Does it have to be from the bank? What if I go to one of those money exchange places in the mall? Also, how much is "sufficient" for them? I don't know how much to bring as I don't know how much things cost in Nigeria. Also, when traveling to Europe, which I know is very different, I used my credit card a lot but mostly for bigger purchases but had euros on me. I'm just wondering if it's better to use cash more and keep the credit card for anything major?
Thank you for your help! : )