We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Going to Lagos first (applying for visa)

11 posts
Going to Lagos first (applying for visa)

Hi ,

So i'm heading out to lagos for the first time in June and I'm extremely excited. Working on getting my visa and I have all the documents except for A confirmed hotel reservation for the duration of stay in Nigeria (have this). and copy of Hotel Employer’s Identification Card.

What do they mean by copy of Hotel Employer's ID Card? I have contacted my hotel (EKO in victoria island) but they have not been helpful at all in that regards.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

18 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
51 posts
30 reviews
1. Re: Going to Lagos first (applying for visa)

Are you going to work in Nigeria? If you are not, and merely on a leisure trip, you do not need a hotel employer's ID card.

This request sounds strange, probably why the hotel has not been able to help you.

11 posts
2. Re: Going to Lagos first (applying for visa)

Nope not going for work, just as a leisure trip.

It does sound strange but on the requirements for tourist visa

Requirements for Tourist Visa

ITEMS 1-12 above +

a.) A typed self-explanatory letter request for Tourist visa;

b.) Letter of Confirmation of employment from the employer in Canada;

c.) A confirmed hotel reservation for the duration of stay in Nigeria. and copy of Hotel Employer’s Identification Card.

d.) Evidence of sufficient funds: Photocopy of Receipts for the purchase of U.S. funds from the bank considered adequate to cover the cost of the trip and not Statement of Account;

Lagos, Nigeria
Level Contributor
533 posts
15 reviews
3. Re: Going to Lagos first (applying for visa)

By copy of the hotel employers ID card, they meant you get an ID of either the hotel's Manager or those of the supervisor.

4. Re: Going to Lagos first (applying for visa)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 May 2018, 17:23

Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
5. Re: Going to Lagos first (applying for visa)

I'm applying from Canada also. Did you get your visa?

Ikeja, Nigeria
Level Contributor
65 posts
2 reviews
6. Re: Going to Lagos first (applying for visa)

Did you have all necessary documents, to apply for then be certain you will get it

11 posts
7. Re: Going to Lagos first (applying for visa)

Yup I got my Visa about two weeks after application.

A poster here helped me with a invitation letter so I was able to not having to show proof of funds

Ikeja, Nigeria
Level Contributor
65 posts
2 reviews
8. Re: Going to Lagos first (applying for visa)

How was ur visit?

Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
9. Re: Going to Lagos first (applying for visa)

#7 I have an invitation letter but I wonder if it’s what’s needed, can you share what was included in the one you submitted please?

11 posts
10. Re: Going to Lagos first (applying for visa)

Was amazing was on the island had a blast.

Reply to: Going to Lagos first (applying for visa)
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Lagos
Recent Conversations