We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sarova Salt Lick Game Lodge or Kilaguni Serena Safari Lodge

Reading
Level Contributor
203 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Sarova Salt Lick Game Lodge or Kilaguni Serena Safari Lodge

Hello All,

I have an option of Sarova Salt Lick Game Lodge or Kilaguni Serena Safari Lodge, which one would you choose and why? They both have great reviews!

Thanks,

Katie

2 replies to this topic
South West England...
Destination Expert
for Mombasa, Diani Beach, Kenya
Level Contributor
7,210 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sarova Salt Lick Game Lodge or Kilaguni Serena Safari Lodge

Hard choice for me I love them both. Both are a very good standard but I suppose Salt Lick has the edge on design with its mushroom style houses. Kilaguni has the bonus of a swimming pool (cold I will add!) and views of Kili. Kilaguni is in Tsavo West so you can game drive taking in Mzima Springs, Poachers Lookout and the rhino sanctuary whereas Salt Lick is inside a private sanctuary where you could do a night game drive. There is a swimming pool at Salt Licks sister hotel Taita Hills just outside the sanctuary. We had our best spot of lions at SL - a whole pride surrounded our safari bus rubbing themselves on the bull bars, fantastic stuff.

After all that, if I couldn't swing it to do both, I'd choose Kilaguni and do SL next time.

NAIROBI
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Sarova Salt Lick Game Lodge or Kilaguni Serena Safari Lodge

Both are strategically located.but you can combine both a night in each to be able experience all at ago.

Reply to: Sarova Salt Lick Game Lodge or Kilaguni Serena Safari Lodge
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Tsavo National Park...
More Tsavo National Park West Topics