We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safari

Krakow, Poland
2 posts
Save Topic
Safari

Hi,

I want to go for around 5-7 days of safari in Kenya- see Tsavo and Amboseli NP (maybe also Mara NP). Do you know if I can book it in Mombasa, rather than on line?

What are the prices when booking on the ground?

Any recomendations?

Many thanks,

Magdalena

6 replies to this topic
Wales, United...
Level Contributor
239 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Safari

With 7 days I will advice to do amboseli,lake Nakuru and Masai mara. Out of my own personal experience you will be able to spot the big five as we did.

I will recommend you book with local tour operator because they have better deals.

Enjoy your holiday.

Krakow, Poland
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Safari

Many thanks. Do you think I can find them i Mombasa, or should I go to Nairobi for better deals? Thanks a lot ;)

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
239 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Safari

The safari we did started and ended in Nairobi,which we booked through Mombasa based company. Actually to me i was upto better deal and good service with the help of tripadvisor members. So with that it does not make any difference to me since the price difference was a few Euro, but its good to compare apple to apple

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
4,690 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Safari

1. Since you want to visit Tsavo & Amboseli, it's best to book from MBA. It's only 4-5 hour drive from MBA.

2. When you're in MBA, try visiting a few Tour Operators. Have a look at Kuldip Tours.

https://www.facebook.com/kuldiptours/

3. Mara is too far out from MBA, you will need to take a domestic flight.

In short - head out to MBA & book safari when you are there thro' a local TO.

Good Luck

Africa
Level Contributor
691 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Safari

For tsavo and amboseli, you will get better deal while in Mombasa. For other parks like Mara, have a TO arrange in advance.

Nyeri, Kenya
Level Contributor
2,823 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Safari

Nakuru is also too far from Mombasa, unless you fly.

Reply to: Safari
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Tsavo National Park...
More Tsavo National Park West Topics