We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting from Tonsai to long beach late at night?

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
551 posts
200 reviews
Getting from Tonsai to long beach late at night?

Hi all,

we are staying at long beach- at Phi Phi the beach resort. We are there for two nights and one night would like to go into Tonsai to see the village and then have dinner and check out some bars etc.

The hotel has a shuttle boat running until 6pm. A few reviews have said you can get a taxi boat home later but it gets more expensive as the night goea on but then another review said thereis no way of getting back?

Does anybody know for sure if we could get back late at night (by midnight) or has anyone done this?

Thanks all :)

newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
13,403 posts
169 reviews
1. Re: Getting from Tonsai to long beach late at night?

I don't know about boats, but I wouldn't be tempted to walk it in the dark

Sydney
Level Contributor
112 posts
47 reviews
2. Re: Getting from Tonsai to long beach late at night?

We have done it but not overly late- I think it was about 9pm or 10pm.

It did cost a little more but I cant remember exactly how much- I think around an extra 200THB pp.

It was a few years ago so my memory is a bit dusty on that unfortunately - my apologies! I would suggest asking a taxi boat driver when you get there. I also agree that I wouldn't walk it at night!

We can say that we do enjoy the bar out the front of the resort you will be staying at- be sure to check it out and enjoy Long Beach- its awesome!

newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
13,403 posts
169 reviews
3. Re: Getting from Tonsai to long beach late at night?

Asked a longtail boat guy yesterday afternoon on the way back from Long Beach, he said normally there are boats available up to midnight, but can not be sure everynight :).

London
Level Contributor
12 posts
10 reviews
4. Re: Getting from Tonsai to long beach late at night?

Just back form Phi Phi and stayed at Paradise Resort on Long beach. Went to Tonsai one night and got a taxi boat back at about 1 a.m.

We got the taxi boat from the resort over to Tonsai about 7 p.m. and arranged with the taxi boat man to collect us later. Originally said midnight but then were having some fun and rang him to make it 1 a.m. Not a problem at all.

If I do remember, there appeared to be other boats availabel at Tonsai when we got out boat about 1 a.m.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
551 posts
200 reviews
5. Re: Getting from Tonsai to long beach late at night?

Thanks everyone, that's a great help.

6. Re: Getting from Tonsai to long beach late at night?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 January 2015, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Ko Phi Phi Don